Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
Boo. That needs to be added to the list of oversights to tell Honda to get right on their next year's model.

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
denvrfan said:
The hood light is in the same location as the missing hood liner and gas strut hood lifters....It's called $$$$$$'s.
I know about $$$$$$'s...I just paid over $30k for a truck without a freakin light bulb under the hood! :mad: On the plus side, Honda's generally don't need working on anyway, so the bulb probably wouldn't get much use. :D

The gas strut hood lifters would be nice too now that you mention it.

·
Registered
774 Posts
swampler said:
I know about $$$$$$'s...I just paid over $30k for a truck without a freakin light bulb under the hood! :mad: On the plus side, Honda's generally don't need working on anyway, so the bulb probably wouldn't get much use. :D

The gas strut hood lifters would be nice too now that you mention it.
Actually, I've bought a lot of cars in the last 30 years. I can't remember the last one with a hood light. The hood prop present on the RL simply does not belong in a $30K+ plus vehicle. Heck, our Accord cost about $10K less and comes with both the gas struts and the hood liner.

·
Registered
635 Posts
A hood light and stays would be a nice touch, But they are far more usefull on those big american trucks were guys are alway gazing in there making grunting noises and drinking beer.

I get a little embarrassed after a hundred thousand miles or so I decide to check the oil on my Accords only to realize I can not remember where the dip stick is. You just do not need to look in there nothing breaks. It is nice to admire once in a while, but I am much happier having a trunk and no under hood light, I use the trunk.

Steve

·
Registered
198 Posts
STEVE FROST said:
A hood light and stays would be a nice touch, But they are far more usefull on those big american trucks were guys are alway gazing in there making grunting noises and drinking beer.

I get a little embarrassed after a hundred thousand miles or so I decide to check the oil on my Accords only to realize I can not remember where the dip stick is. You just do not need to look in there nothing breaks. It is nice to admire once in a while, but I am much happier having a trunk and no under hood light, I use the trunk.

Steve
Right On Brother

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
STEVE FROST said:
I am much happier having a trunk and no under hood light, I use the trunk.

Steve
I agree, but the point is not to have the light instead of the trunk. Given a choice between the two, I'd definately take the trunk. I just thought it very unusual to not have a light. I mean, what's it cost to run 2 wires and a bulb? $0.50 at the most, so $5 to the end customer?

·
Registered
10,401 Posts
It depends on what you expect from a truck. The only one I've owned that had one was my Chevy S-10, and it was useless. A Mag-Lite works much better.

If we added up all the "wants" on this truck, how much would it cost? Some people think it's overpriced as it is.

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
My Splash has one and I take the bulb out when working under the hood for any length of time. Never owned a Honda or Acura that had one.

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I had 1 on my F150 and it came in handy when it got dark on me while changing my plug wires. Granted, a shop light would have been better, but I didn't have one. I thought my wife's '01 Accord had one, but now I'm not sure. It's a Honda, so it doesn't have to be worked on! :D

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I was under the hood of my wife's 01 Acura TL the other day looking at the headlight assembly and noticed no light as well.

By the way I was sort of dissapointed the RL didn't come with HID headlights until I had to replace the bulb in my Acura today, $130 later. :eek:

·
Registered
774 Posts
mayfielh said:
I was under the hood of my wife's 01 Acura TL the other day looking at the headlight assembly and noticed no light as well.

By the way I was sort of dissapointed the RL didn't come with HID headlights until I had to replace the bulb in my Acura today, $130 later. :eek:
While HID headlights are great (I've had 2 cars with them), there is always the high-theft factor and, to your point, the high cost of replacement. I have found the RL's headlights to be quite bright, especially when used in conjunction with the accessory fog lights.

·
Registered
97 Posts
My CR-V didn't have a light bulb under the hood. I always had a flash light in the car if I needed to check anything.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Weeks after I drove my Ridge off the lot, I had to add wiper fluid and noticed that there was no light under the hood. Come to think of it, I didn't recall a light under the hood of the one I test drove! (DUH!)

I bought a few "as seen on tv" stickup lights, added some craftstore magnets and doublesided tape and voila! Light for under the hood! Also useful for nighttime tire changes.

·
Registered
346 Posts
If this is so important to you...next time, check before you buy.
:eek:

·
Registered
407 Posts
just got my RL and havent looked yet but i didnt notice no light in my glove box, lol i will check to see if there is one , must be blown if so, lol brand new truck with no glove box light , what is honda thinking? lmao its raining right now so i will check later

madi05

1 - 20 of 25 Posts