Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2021 Black Edition and the wheels and lug nuts are black. Totally black. Too black!

I want to replace the black lug nuts and lock with high quality chrome nuts to give the wheels some contrast. I checked with the dealer and they want $179 for the lug nuts which does not include the wheel locks which are another $90.

Any ideas on where else to buy them? I want them to be high quality so they don’t rust. (I live in FL)

Auto Zone? Napa? Other?

·
Registered
256 Posts
For what it's worth OEM are not high quality, most of us experience rust first time someone has to put a socket on them and damages the thin plating. I have black vinyl covers on mine to hide the rust!

Mike

·
Premium Member
2,352 Posts
If weren't located on the opposite sides of the continent I would suggest a swap. Nice motorcycle trailer. What make/model is it?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If weren't located on the opposite sides of the continent I would suggest a swap. Nice motorcycle trailer. What make/model is it?
Aluma MC1F. It folds so it stands in the back of my garage. Ramp stores underneath.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I have a couple sets of OEM locking lug nuts, would sell a set for $20 shipped. Neither has very many miles. I took them off my RL and Odyssey and got matching sets from Gorilla for both vehicles so the same key works on both vehicles.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a couple sets of OEM locking lug nuts, would sell a set for $20 shipped. Neither has very many miles. I took them off my RL and Odyssey and got matching sets from Gorilla for both vehicles so the same key works on both vehicles.
PM incoming!

·
Registered
2021 Ridgeline Sport
247 Posts
Honda lug nuts aren't quite as simple to buy as others. I've been looking for black lug nuts for mine (LOL). Honda uses a "bulge" type nut with a radius on the bottom, NOT a angled bottom like most others use. If you use the wrong style it will mess up your wheels, or even something worse. Mcgard used to make "tough nuts" that were guaranteed never to rust, and Gorilla had "Spline Drive" nuts that required a special socket to remove them, meaning all were locking lug nuts, I have used these before, but I don't believe either company makes these for our trucks.

·
Registered
2021 Ridgeline Sport
247 Posts
Nice bike BTW, I miss my VStrom, and I also had a Aluma trailer--it was stolen, I hope you keep yours inside!

·
Premium Member
2019 RTL-T
123 Posts
I have a set of factory chrome locks (x4) if anyone wants them. Just cover shipping.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have a set of factory chrome locks (x4) if anyone wants them. Just cover shipping.
Dog, generous offer! I just ordered a set on eBay on the link supplied above from GTIman Or I would grab those from you.

I think I am all set guys,
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2010 RT - Bali Blue
4,501 Posts
contact folks over at @Discount Tire . I purchased two sets of locking lug nuts for the two sets of wheels/tires I bought. I do not like the traditional in-lug grooved-flower type ones. The key for those never hold up over time (broken two in my life time). I use the splined style lugs and since the key is on the outside surface of the lugs, the key is very sturdy.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have a set of the OEM Honda chrome wheel locks if anyone wants them (08W42-TK4-101). They are brand new and still sealed in the package. I got them months ago but I decided to put BE wheels on my RTL-E and changed over to black lugs/locks. I will take $45 including Priority Mail shipping to anywhere in the lower 48 states.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts