Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love my blue ridge but I think I 've been lied to.
While spot testing the LEATHER SEATS I realized that only the inner panel, the material with all the tiny holes is leather. Most of the seats and none of the arm rests are leather. Two salesman at Brandon Honda informed me that most of the seats were leather, only a few sections out of sight are not leather. I called the Honda 800 number and they confirmed to :( me that most of the seat is a synthetic material. They were unable to identify the material or inform of how to clean and maintain it. Does everyone else know how little leather is in the seats? And how do I maintain the synthetic cloth?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Yes you are correct, it is only leather trimmed interior. You were probably not lied to, just had a misinformed salesperson (I hope).

·
Registered
218 Posts
Using vinyl and leather together is a very common practice. The leather wears better but the vinyl is easier to clean. My 1955 MGA has beautiful "Connolly Leather" interior that is actually only leather on the back rest and the seat top. The leather needs to be treated differently from the vinyl. You actually only need to wipe the vinyl down to keep it clean. I used Connolly "Hide Food" on the leather. It keeps it supple and crack free. I think Armour All has a leather treatment that I have heard is quite good. In short, be glad the interior is not all leather, it would be harder to maintain and make the darn thing even more expensive than it is already!

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
There is a post that discusses this in detail in the Interior Thread

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
great news. I recieved a call from Honda following a clarification question as to how much leather covers the interior.. They reported that it is ALL leather. I brought the car to a vintage car restorer and he exaimed the interior and said it is ALL leather. I asked why does it look and feel like vinyl. He said it is in a very dry condition. He also stated that he uses this particular leather in his restoring and he pays 89 cents a square inch. Why did we doubt Honda. :) :)

·
Premium Member
7,332 Posts
Honda does not claim everything is leather. Read the literature carefully... it says "leather seating surfaces". The sides, front, back, etc. are vinyl.

-Joe

·
Registered
171 Posts
Call Honda 5 times and you will get 5 diff, answers:
Oh yeah, and everyone you talk to will supposedly "know" what they are talking about :rolleyes:

Do a post search for "leather smell" and you will get some info "we" posted a long time ago

I decided to just put lexol leather conditioner on everything (leather and vinyl)!!!

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Someone posted this a long time ago and I have kept a copy in my owner's manual for reference. I don't know if it is 100% accurate but people at the time agreed with this list as to what was leather and what was vinyl:

LEATHER - Steering wheel, front door armrest, rear door armrest, front center armrest, rear center armrest (top surface only) but side panels are vinyl, headrest center with holes, front seat side top panels without holes, rear seat center with holes, rear seat side top panels.

Vinyl - Headrest sides and back, front seat side panels and back, rear seat side panels, rear seat center (under armrest).

·
Registered
112 Posts
THis is one of the reasons I got cloth- I had a Suburban with leather before the Ridge. THe leather was HOT or COLD- then the seams where the leather and Vinyl met cracked and looked terrible.

I'll take 100% cloth on my RTS and get some seat covers if I need them.

·
Registered
268 Posts
"THis is one of the reasons I got cloth"

Nope, not for me. I don't miss that static shock whenever I got out of my vehicle. :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts