Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For my G1, I had a security code for the NAV system and radio. In instances where the battery was disconnected or went dead or I replaced the NAV CD, I had to input this code, so I kept it written down in the manual. I can't find the code in the material I got from the dealer (maybe it's there somewhere). Anyone know if there is a way to get this off of the NAV screen somehow?

See manual entry below and particularly the information on the right column.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
I called my dealer for the code and they told me that it was only for the base unit, not for the 8" on the upper levels. Hmmmm...

·
Administrator
16,049 Posts
Read the manual. Newer Hondas don't need the code - they compare the VIN from the vehicle. If you lose power and the system is locked, hold the AUDIO POWER button for 2 seconds to force a reconnection.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Read the manual. Newer Hondas don't need the code - they compare the VIN from the vehicle. If you lose power and the system is locked, hold the AUDIO POWER button for 2 seconds to force a reconnection.
This is a bit of a conundrum. If you read my initial post in this thread and view the page from the manual, you'll see on the right side of the page a reference to the code. The implication is that you may need it. When I went through the process suggested by another poster after getting key information through the system (I explained the steps I used in a post above), Honda gave me a code online and emailed it to me automatically.

So if you don't need a code, why do they reference it and why do they give you one? Very curious. In any case, I have the code and wrote it down in case I do need it.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
How do I update my profile. I haven't been on here in a long time.
At the upper left of the page you will see where it says, "Welcome, [your profile name]." Click on your profile name and you'll be able to go in and edit information about your vehicle (and yourself).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts