Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help. Confused about which bed cover to get. My considerations:
1. Must look great
2. Won't leak
3. Easy to get out of the way if loading bikes
4. Long lasting/warranty
5. Allows me to get into it easily even if its covered in snow or ice - some of these things look like they'd seize or not operate if in ice conditions
6. Help with mileage - getting lousy mileage in general - city and hwy. Probably doesn't help that I DRIVE it.

So... trifold? Will it stack out of the way? Freeze shut?
soft... will it flap and make noise in the wind? pond with water?
hard... will it become brittle in cold weather (yes, I know... I should move to a warm climate...)
rolling... freeze shut in winter?
do joints leak?
such a thing as one that meets all the criteria and is actually easy to install?

[email protected]

·
Registered
3,597 Posts
Every bed cover for the ridgeline leaks somewhat. And looks like for your app you will want a soft bed cover. The truxedo low pro qt will probably suite you best. Also its been proven that the bed cover wont help your gas mileage. I dont have a bed cover and probably wont till they figure out a better way to make them without leaking or jamming. And the cost would have to go down tremendously. Sorry, but for all your asking for i doubt you will find it in one bed cover. I could be wrong though.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Wow, your asking for the perfect bed cover. I can't wait to see your replies.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I have the Bakflip G2, and it works great for me. But I live in Florida for the winters and North Carolina in the summer. My Bakflip opens in four sections, allowing me to use the area that I need. Properly installed it doesn't leak. If a few drops get in, I have a cargo rubber mat that keeps my luggage above a little water. I think I would have a problem with snow because of the sections unless I wiped it off first. A bike isn't a big problem because the fourth section opens to fold against my rear window. Of course I have to use my side mirrors while driving.

·
Registered
564 Posts
There are many types of covers perfered by Ridgeline owners. I have the Advantage Torza Triple-fold Hard Hat Premier cover. It removes easily, it leaks a little near the cab, they all leak, some more than others. Just type "Tonneau" in the "Search" que to help you with your decision.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts