Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are thinking about getting a camper top for our 2010 Ridgeline. From what I can tell searching online and here, there are two options. The A.R.E and the LEER XQ model.

Again, searching the forums here I have seen many posts and comments negative and positive for both Caps. However I also noticed most of these were from many years ago, 2007 and 2008, shortly after our trucks first came out.
So now that the RL has been out and about for a while, and there have been many installs and tweaks to the accessories, I'm wondering which is most liked or preferred? Are they both equally good, and the bad experiences are just from bad installers?

I received a quote from the local dealer that does the LEER caps, and they said it is $2500 installed. Wow that is a lot of money for just a camper top. Am I correct in understanding that the ARE is less expensive? Are there any significant differences in quality of the two? We are basically looking to provide cover and security for camping gear. The open bed is fine for destination camping, but we would like to go on road trips where we camp instead of doing the hotel thing. This means, while on the road and stopping to see the sights, meals etc, we would like our gear to be secure in the back of the truck.

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Asked the local dealer, and they can also get and install the ARE, but it's the same price installed, $2500. That doesn't seem right, I thought the ARE was less expensive than the LEER.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
I drove my new Ridge off the Honda lot and down the street to Camper World, where I bought my new Leer installed with inside lights and power for $1.600.00 installed. That was in 2009.

·
Registered
4,345 Posts
I see they make a fiberglass Century Topper. There is a used one for sale here on Craigs List its white but needs glass in the back. He says some one, one night took it out. Was a $2000 topper but he doesnt say what he wants for it. Great shape all hardware just needs rear glass, could be a cheap buy. None the less if your looking new I guess you can look up Century, might be cheaper dont know but it looks good like the others.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I bought a used "Leer", and it's black where my trk is drk gray. I don't mind the contrast, but I like the lockable extra storage.....OH and yes it does leak a little but much less leakage than the toneau cover did.....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey "Iron Butt",
I need to get a cap and there is no way I'm going to buy new. I've done the usual ebay and craigslist searches for my area, but found nothing.

Just looking for any tips on how to locate a used cap. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Jack

1 - 8 of 8 Posts