Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could someone please tell me which fuse controls the power to the moonroof in the 2020 Ridgeline AWD RTL-E? I found this information for the first generation vehicles but cannot find it for the second generation. I looked under each of the fuse boxes and cannot find an indication of which one controls the motor of power. There are several abbreviations that I could not interpret but none which clearly indicated the moonroof.
The only reason I want to know is because I do not want the moonroof to operate. I am trying to disable it. I love all the other features of the RTL-E but I live in Phoenix where the last thing you need is more sun getting in your car.
The reason I want to disable it entirely is because, I love the future of being able to roll down the windows remotely using the second button on the key fob but there is no way to stop it from also opening the moonroof at the same time. I use this feature to vent the windows, rolling them down about an inch to let some of the summer heat out and avoid the greenhouse effect when the car is parked. However, the feature also opens the moonroof the same amount which sets me up for a surprise rainstorm, the storm, or other garbage getting in the top of the car.
I am hoping someone can tell me how to pull the fuse and that it only controls the moonroof and no other important features.
Thanks for any help you can offer.

·
Administrator
20,368 Posts
Neither the fuel lid release actuator nor the sunroof motor require 20 amps. The overcurrent protection for that circuit must be sized so that simultaneous operation of the sunroof and fuel lid under full load conditions will not blow the fuse while not exceeding the ampacity of the wiring.

I found the fuse reference in the manual pretty quick, but double-checked with the service information to make sure "S/R" stood for "sunroof" and not "supplemental restraint (system)".

·
Registered
2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
170 Posts
I couldn't resist commenting on the various names used in Service Publications that refer to the exact same thing. It's a source of confusion in the least case and potentially dangerous in the worst case. I tried to battle this naming mess with the Publication Group when I was a working stiff at a major Construction Equipment maker...it's was a tooth and nail fight all the time. The English Language is rich in vocabulary...but this aspect compromises it's ability to communicate without misunderstanding. The "Tower of Babel" effect IMO.

·
Administrator
20,368 Posts
Mazda's service information is even more confusing at times than Honda's - probably because most of Mazda's models are still designed in Japan and automotive technical terminology doesn't always translate well. All of Honda's "large trucks" (Pilot, Ridgeline, Odyssey, and Passport) were designed in North America exclusively for the North American market, so their service information is more "English-friendly" than Mazda's.

I also deal with this at work.

We use air pressure switches on the equipment we manufacture.

They are often referred to incorrectly as "air cells" which likely comes from "air sails" which comes from "sail switch". There is such thing as a sail switch, but we've never used them - they are actuated by flow, not pressure. A half-century ago, some quasi-engineer probably called them "air sails" out of ignorance or error and others heard "air cells" and wrote down the latter where such incorrect term was passed on.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow! Thank you all so much for your fast and thorough replies.
I specifically appreciate the information that the moonroof and fuel door are on the same fuse. I can easily see myself having identified the moonroof used by trial and error, never realizing that it disabled the fuel door until I needed to get gas - then, certainly, my wife would have been driving and I would have been in big trouble.
I still want to be able to disable the moonroof. I will absolutely never use it. However, I clearly cannot disable my fuel door and I do not want to bypass the fuel door lock switch.
Does anyone have a suggestion on how to reversibly disable the moonroof without pulling its fuse? Again, my goal is just to be able to use the remote window controls of the key fob without activating the moonroof at the same time.
Thanks again for all your insights.

·
Registered
2020 RTL
196 Posts
Maybe pull the wiring harness off the moonroof motor? You can lookup this part number to see how the harness installs: 32155-TZ5-A00

Looks like it's on the front right under the headliner, but I don't know for sure.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts