Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently bought a used 2017 Ridgeline with no rack. We want to be able to carry paddle boards, canoe, bikes (while towing a trailer). There was no OEM rack so I'm considering buying one from EBay and installing myself. There's also Yakima/Thule but there more spendy than the OEM one.

I also noticed there are "bed racks" from Sportraxx and OneRack.

Any advice about a bed rack vs a cartop rack? Any advice about OEM vs Yakima/Thule?

Thanks so much.. we need something for the upcoming summer!

·
Vendor
20 Posts
Recently bought a used 2017 Ridgeline with no rack. We want to be able to carry paddle boards, canoe, bikes (while towing a trailer). There was no OEM rack so I'm considering buying one from EBay and installing myself. There's also Yakima/Thule but there more spendy than the OEM one.

I also noticed there are "bed racks" from Sportraxx and OneRack.

Any advice about a bed rack vs a cartop rack? Any advice about OEM vs Yakima/Thule?

Thanks so much.. we need something for the upcoming summer!
Hello, we offer a rack taht may work for you and there is a promo in place that will give you 10% off,
Coupn Code: RIDGELINE10

,. Here is what we offer: https://usrack.com/c-1174497-ridgeline-5-rack.html & https://usrack.com/c-1174498-ridgeline-6-racks.html

·
Registered
2019 Ridgeline Touring
147 Posts
We are using our Diamondback HD cover and racks then the Jaylow from Yakima.

Having experience with the Honda roof racks, we decided not to get one on the RL due to the limited carrying capacity.

Here is a shot from last weeks' adventure with 2 x 12 foot kayaks and they were rock solid at highway speeds.

I was able to move them forward to avoid hitting the Airstream.

·
Registered
2019 Ridgeline Touring
147 Posts
They come off pretty easy, but the center section needs a wrench to remove.

They work well at carry lots and the kayaks as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
when you remove the rack, do you take it completely off the cover. and if so, does it remain water tight. I just want to use the racks in spring, summer, and fall for kayaks. how is the diamond back cover? do you have and SE or HD?

·
Registered
2019 Ridgeline Touring
147 Posts
We have the HD cover with front headache rack and rear rack. Kayaks are quite solid up there. I am going to and some bike mounts as well. If I do it right. I will be able to have the kayaks and bikes onboard at the same time.

I usually load heavy stuff on the rack and if I need to pop the rear section off to carry something bully, I still can do that just by lifting the cover to 90 degrees and popping it off.

These racks can handle quite a bit more than the OE roof racks (I think they can take 500 lbs.)

I think they are solid but a bit pricey compared to the rest of the covers out there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
We have the HD cover with front headache rack and rear rack. Kayaks are quite solid up there. I am going to and some bike mounts as well. If I do it right. I will be able to have the kayaks and bikes onboard at the same time.

I usually load heavy stuff on the rack and if I need to pop the rear section off to carry something bully, I still can do that just by lifting the cover to 90 degrees and popping it off.

These racks can handle quite a bit more than the OE roof racks (I think they can take 500 lbs.)

I think they are solid but a bit pricey compared to the rest of the covers out there.

Thanks. I appreciate your comments. I like the fact that the cover is strong and can haul stuff. I may order a cover and the racks.

·
Registered
34 Posts
We are using our Diamondback HD cover and racks then the Jaylow from Yakima.

Having experience with the Honda roof racks, we decided not to get one on the RL due to the limited carrying capacity.

Here is a shot from last weeks' adventure with 2 x 12 foot kayaks and they were rock solid at highway speeds.

I was able to move them forward to avoid hitting the Airstream.

View attachment 403554 View attachment 403555
Looks great, man. My uncle got this 2017 Ridgeline project we'll work on after we finished installing the brake kit and dually wheels on the Superduty project and clear the garage. Will definitely consider Yakima for the rack.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts