Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at jumping on the Honda Ridgeline bandwagon with the purchase of a used 2007. The problem I have is I have two that I'm looking at seriously and a possible third option. All three are in good condition and come with the honda certified warranty.

First option is a RTL dark cherry w/o navi with 55K miles for $21K
Second option is a RTS dark cherry w/o navi with 27K miles for $21.6K
Third option is a RTL billet silver w/ navi with 48K miles for $22.5K

These are all firm prices and I'm not sure if any of these are that great of a deal, which one would you guys choose if any. I'm currently leaning towards the first option.

Thanks for the help and any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3,597 Posts
My personal choice would be the first one. I have had both a billet silver and dark cherry pearl and personally like the dark cherry much better. I bought an RTX and have remorse for not spending the extra money for an RTL. None of the ones you listed seem to be too high on price as long as they are all in good condition. So I would have to vote the first one since its what I would buy right now myself.

·
Registered
92 Posts
My opinion would be #2, only $600 more but many more miles of certified warranty left......not that you will need it but just makes you feel warm and fuzzy, that is of course unless you need the leather and sunroof since both are w/o navi.

·
Registered
54 Posts
are any honda certified.?.
option #2, low milage, don't need leather, (especially after hearing reviews on the ROC about crappy leather.). don't need navigation, still have the honda tagged garmin that was given out a few years back......

ask what state the RLs came from,,, coastal- possible body rust,,, snow states- possible mold and or rust under seats and carpets.... looked at an 08' RL just this weekend, beautiful until i started digging. found rust under the front seats and on the seat posts........

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
If you need leather, than pick the RTL, else the RTS will do fine and it also has the auto temp control like the RTl which is INMO the single most important comfort feature in the truck. Do any of these have a hitch option? If so, stay away from that one as the wear and tear from trailering could be a major downside. You can always put a hitch on for around $500 later on.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I'm not a big fan of in-dash navi, but thats just me. I wouldn't pay extra for that unless you liked Silver better than DCP.

I have a RTX so I can speak to either trim level. I am adjusting my own temp gauges, etc. It works just fine for my needs though. The cloth seats in my RL will stain if you just think of the word "Stain". Now that I've typed it twice, I'll be scrubbing all weekend. Leather may be the way to go.

If they are certified I'd feel pretty good about any of them. While this forum can prove mileage is not an issue, I'd probably go for the one with the lowest miles, so long as it hasnt had any major accidents, etc.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I would take option #2. I asked the same question a month ago, and my friend basically said "that's another years worth of ownership for $600". I chose lower miles over features - after all features are just more things to break! chose an RTX over a RTS a month ago and haven't had one ounce of regret (other than I wish I had the outdoor temp).

the RTS has enough options to give you some of that 'oooh' factor and you can always get a stand alone gps, or even get it on your cell phone.

and the dark cherry is just gorgeous!

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
I dunno...tough choices there...but if you are gonna go for longevity (plan on hanging onto it for a while), I'd go with option #2. If you like all the bells and whistles, #3 would be the other choice. Personally, I may be a little biased, but I like my RTL w/navi...so I would lean towards #3..but that's just me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you everybody for all the responses. I'm actually still pretty torn between option 1 and 2. The heart wants option 1 with all the options, while the brain knows it's logical to buy option 2 with half the miles. I honestly think I'm leaning towards option 1, the RTL without the navi. They're certified, so that's not a problem on any of them. I just wish that I could get either option at about $20K instead of $21, I would feel like it was a better deal, but then again no one said I was getting robbed, so I guess the price isn't that bad.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Just my 2cents, not sure what other options come with the Navi for that year, but for me all the other bells and whistles were worth purchasing the Navi (rear camera and blue tooth etc. for 09 models).
Also, don't be afraid to take a good look under the chassis, look to see what has the more rust and and looks "old" under there. Made that mistake here in Canada and bought a used 4runner that had a really rusty looking undercarriage. Translation - it came from a province that uses high salt content in winter on the roads, the body and frame soon followed the under carriage. Hope this helps.:hol002:

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
22,778 Posts
Regarding colors... DCP is a beautiful color... when it's kept clean. If you're not much on keeping your vehicle shiny clean, billet silver still looks good even when it's dirty.

Personally, I'm not much of a fan of navi models since you can buy a Garmin and have much more capability (and transportable between vehicles) pretty cheaply. The good thing about the navi models is that you have a backup camera.

If you carry kids or pets, leather is worthwhile. Cleanup is so much easier with leather. However, the kids complain about the cold leather seats in our Pilot and prefer my RTS cloth seats in the winter.. except for the static electricity.

You'll have to decide if the features of the RTL outweigh the lower mileage of the RTS which is not insignificant.

Another consideration: there's currently a $3000 incentive on new 2009 models. For not much more money than you're considering used, you can get a brand new RT or RTS. Just a thought...

Good luck!

·
Registered
439 Posts
I'd go with option 2 as not a fan of leather. But given the above post of $3000 incentive, would have to seriously consider an '09.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Another consideration: there's currently a $3000 incentive on new 2009 models. For not much more money than you're considering used, you can get a brand new RT or RTS. Just a thought...

Good luck!
I agree. Are used prices getting that high? Maybe I should sell... Nahhh!!!:act024:

·
Registered
298 Posts
so I will be the oddball:act029:

I have a dcp with nav and custom mounted b.u. cam. My second choice was silver. The dcp is like black in that it looks fantastic when clean. Silver can hide more. The silver has a black interior and the dcp has a tan interior. Something to consider as well.

The nav is nice and have had no probs. I also like the voice command that comes with it. It works with the nav, sound system and hvac. I also have had no problem with the leather. The heated seats work quick and well.

I guess it depends on if you need the nav. I drive alot for work (sales) and need the nav.

Good luck. It

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the heads up about the incentives, I think I may be going the route of a new 2009 Ridgeline now, while there aren't many left, I was able to locate a few dealers that have them and they are willing to do invoice and then take off the $3000 in dealer incentives. All considered I was quoted on an RTS for $26,400 plus tax, title and fees. Does this seem good to you guys?

I think I will probably go this route now, thank you all for the help.

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
22,778 Posts
I haven't shopped lately. I think there's a thread running here at the ROC about 2009 Ridgeline prices. Seems like it was titled, "what are you paying for 2009" or something similar.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I don't think you were comparing 2007 with 2009s. If all were 2007 think about the best kept, lowest miles, and most options. Investigate if any have an extended warranty, great to have. Remember trailer hitch, sunroof, and leather are standard on the RTL model.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I just bought a super clean 2007 Ridgeline RTL with 54k for $22K. I love the heated seats and the dual climate control. I think $21K isn't a bad deal at all. I got the extended warantee for peace of mind. So far so good.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts