Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been told to replace my original tires on my 2007 Ridgeline. Now wondering what to get for driving in and around Eugene.

Drive in rain a lot
Drive to mountains on snow
Drive up to Portland on I-5

Want too keep same size as have chains for original size.
Thoughts?

·
Registered
437 Posts
I'm running Schwabs wild country "sport" in the winter siped --work good never hardly use 4x4--summer i use my stock tires on another set of rims--Glenn on the "right" side of Oregon;act028:

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Been told to replace my original tires on my 2007 Ridgeline. Now wondering what to get for driving in and around Eugene.

Drive in rain a lot
Drive to mountains on snow
Drive up to Portland on I-5

Want too keep same size as have chains for original size.
Thoughts?
You will never need chains in the Willamette Valley. Actually, I can't think of a situation you'd need them at all anywhere if you have dedicated snow tires. But, since it's Spring, why not replace them with the OEM Michelin tires? Hard to go wrong with Les Schwab tires, too.

Good luck with your decision.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
USMCVietVet67;633749Glenn on the "right" side of Oregon;act028:[/QUOTE said:
Please don't rub it in. If I don't get out of "Portlandia" soon, I'm going to go insane. These hippies are worse than sandflies...:act063:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Actually there will be a few times that the law requires chains in the Willamette valley - Dec '07 they required chains (not that you needed them) - I just know since we were in Banks and had to put chains on to come home with our Subie, crossed the I5 bridge took them off and drove the rest of the way home in similar/worse conditions without any issues.

I just put on a set of Hankook Dynapro ATM RF10s. They are $150 for stock size at America's Tire. So far they are great. Haven't had much rain, but they were planted in the wet weather we have had so far.

It hasn't impacted the mpgs either, but this is comparing almost bald OEMs to fresh rubber.

-Terracar

·
Premium Member
11,421 Posts
Please don't rub it in. If I don't get out of "Portlandia" soon, I'm going to go insane. These hippies are worse than sandflies...:act063:
On the TV show 'Missing' last night, the main actress 'Becca is in Europe, and talking on the phone to her flower shop partner in Oregon, about how great the tulips are this year, but you have your neighbors smoking up weed in your yard again...

Beautiful state, though! Hope it can stay that way.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks All

Keep telling me which tires to get.... I will check out American Tire for those tires.
As for Portlandia - bring back the show!!!!
As for chains, yes they have required them going to Willamette Pass sometimes, always prepared for the worst even though never pulled them out of the case.
cheers
Stu

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Thanks All

Keep telling me which tires to get.... I will check out American Tire for those tires.
As for Portlandia - bring back the show!!!!
As for chains, yes they have required them going to Willamette Pass sometimes, always prepared for the worst even though never pulled them out of the case.
cheers
Stu
I'm surprised they required chains for vehicles that were running dedicated snow tires and were 4WD (like the RL or Subie). But, a lot of things in Oregon surprise me.

If you want to see the show Portlandia, just visit Portland. It's all true.

·
Premium Member
11,421 Posts
I'm surprised they required chains for vehicles that were running dedicated snow tires and were 4WD (like the RL or Subie). But, a lot of things in Oregon surprise me.

If you want to see the show Portlandia, just visit Portland. It's all true.
And here I thought GRIMM was a good representation.

·
Premium Member
11,421 Posts
People come for the tulips, but they stay for the weed. Haha.

And, actually, the western third of Oregon is vastly different than the eastern side of the Cascades. In geography and in politics.
Same for Wash state, a big contrast between the western and eastern parts. I spent some 3+ years in the NW while in the service.

·
Registered
85 Posts
People come for the tulips, but they stay for the weed. Haha

It's not just the weed. There's meth too. And mushrooms.

Also, what's up with them not letting people get gas on their own. At least they have a basketball team that didn't move to Oklahoma though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts