Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi
My first posting in forum. so nice to see you guys.
So I'm very into honda ridgeline and I visted dealer today to test drive. unfortunately dealer only have Sport trim on site. it was black and really like the looks almost prefer sport trim look more than rtl or rtl-e trim but I do really want leather seat and acoustic windshield.
dealer offer $35k for sports trim so probably $39 something after tax and fees.
Do you guys think should I visit other dealer to see RTL or RTL-E trim? is it worth extra 4-6k for upper rtl or rtl-e trim?
Thank youi!

·
Registered
2021 RTL
19 Posts
It depends on your own wants/needs as stated, but the RTL is a good value for the money. I also wanted leather and a few of the other features the sport doesn't have.

It also depends on your local market inventory and how flexible dealers are on price specific to trim levels. Figure out what you're willing to pay to move out of a sport, but either way you go you should be happy in a ridgeline.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It depends on your own wants/needs as stated, but the RTL is a good value for the money. I also wanted leather and a few of the other features the sport doesn't have.

It also depends on your local market inventory and how flexible dealers are on price specific to trim levels. Figure out what you're willing to pay to move out of a sport, but either way you go you should be happy in a ridgeline.
Yea. All dealers around my ares have sports trim. Rtl or rtl-e is quite limited. Found one rtl for $38k.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi
So I'm very into honda ridgeline and I visted dealer today to test drive. unfortunately dealer only have Sport trim on site. it was black and really like the looks almost prefer sport trim look more than rtl or rtl-e trim but I do really want leather seat and rear truck bed sliding window..
Do you guys think should I visit other dealer to see RTL or RTL-E trim? is it worth extra 4-6k for upper rtl or rtl-e trim?
Thank youi!
My first post as well,
Sold my 2008 Ridgeline RT with 215,000 in perfect running condition to a relative.
Waited for the 2021 Ridgeline redesign and looked at all models from the Sport to the Black Edition.
Bought a silver Sport with roof rack and running boards. I wanted cloth seats (dogs). I wish I had the blindside monitoring from the RTL. Can live without the sunroof and rear window.
I liked the rims on the Sport (above all other levels) and the black accents over the chrome.
I’ve checked the forums on this website over many years and always find the advice to be exceptional.
I would have loved to go all in with all the bells and whistles, but the look of the Sport package won my wife and I over.
Good Luck.

·
Registered
2021 RTL
7 Posts
Yea. All dealers around my ares have sports trim. Rtl or rtl-e is quite limited. Found one rtl for $38k.
That sounds pretty good if that's their MSRP (and no other fees other than dmv, tax, title). I got my RTL for a little less than that. When I was shopping I was lookin at the sport and RTL and ultimately went with the RTL. I felt there was a lot of value in upgrading. For me it was the following

1. Blind spot monitor (can't put a price on saftey imo)
2. Rear glass
3. Power seats
4. acoustic windshield

anything else was just additional imo but theres a lot going from the sport to the RTL, you can check it out here if you haven't already

hope you get want you want!

·
Registered
5 Posts
My first post as well,
Sold my 2008 Ridgeline RT with 215,000 in perfect running condition to a relative.
Waited for the 2021 Ridgeline redesign and looked at all models from the Sport to the Black Edition.
Bought a silver Sport with roof rack and running boards. I wanted cloth seats (dogs). I wish I had the blindside monitoring from the RTL. Can live without the sunroof and rear window.
I liked the rims on the Sport (above all other levels) and the black accents over the chrome.
I’ve checked the forums on this website over many years and always find the advice to be exceptional.
I would have loved to go all in with all the bells and whistles, but the look of the Sport package won my wife and I over.
Good Luck.
I was glad someone posted this question as I too was originally going to go with the RTL for my new truck in 2021 but after I looked at the two (sport vs RTL) side by side comparisons I felt the sport may be a better choice for me. I have a rear sliding window on my 2012 tacoma that I flat out never use and a sun roof in our Forester that I never use. Leather seats aren't that big of a deal to me or my wife. The "Blind Spot Information System Indicator" looks like the only major plus (for me) with the RTL. Other then that there just are not enough pluses, again for me, that warrant me getting a RTL over the sport RL. All you guys out there tell me what I maybe missing in my logic!!

Thanks, Ken

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My first post as well,
Good Luck.
agree. sport trim looks good over other trim with black accent.

That sounds pretty good if that's their MSRP (and no other fees other than dmv, tax, title). I got my RTL for a little less than that. When I was shopping I was lookin at the sport and RTL and ultimately went with the RTL. I felt there was a lot of value in upgrading for me it was the following

1. Blind spot monitor (can't put a price on saftey imo)
2. Rear glass
3. Power seats
4. acoustic windshield

anything else was just additional imo but theres a lot going from the sport to the RTL, you can check it out here if you haven't already

hope you get want you want!
yes I looked that sheet. acoustic shield is definitely one of appealing option from rtl.

I was glad someone posted this question as I too was originally going to go with the RTL for my new truck in 2021 but after I looked at the two (sport vs RTL) side by side comparisons I felt the sport may be a better choice for me. I have a rear sliding window on my 2012 tacoma that I flat out never use and a sun roof in our Forester that I never use. Leather seats aren't that big of a deal to me or my wife. The "Blind Spot Information System Indicator" looks like the only major plus (for me) with the RTL. Other then that there just are not enough pluses, again for me, that warrant me getting a RTL over the sport RL. All you guys out there tell me what I maybe missing in my logic!!

Thanks, Ken
acoustic windshield ? honestly I haven't owned truck so rear sliding window just my myth that could be so useful. but like bit more quietness in cabin so..

·
Registered
41 Posts
I like leather seats--hold up better over the long term. Also better with pets cause hair can easily be vacuumed out. I also NEED heated seats...

What about the stereo? I've heard the stereo upgrade is not great, but hopefully it will be an improvement over the stock Subaru and Toyota stereos I have suffered with previously. Any thoughts on the stereos? Who makes them btw? Clarion?

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
The feature differences between a Sport and a BE have lessened for 21 so it comes down to features. I suggest you write down the features you want and the minimum trim that will have the those features. Unlike the 17-20 Ridgelines I think that the RTL will cover a lot of bases for many buyers. If you don't care about a back window the Sport is decent. Problem is at the end of 2019, the lowest price on the Sport I saw mentioned on the forum was in the 26's so 30k OTD for a 2019 vs 40k OTD for a 21 is kind of tough to accept as there aren't 10k worth of improvements. Prices will take a while to come back down but now it not the time to be buying IMO.

·
Registered
708 Posts
The features between the trims comes down to what matters. How long you plan to keep it is also a factor.

A few years ago my wife went to a lower trim on a crossover, and went from a 6 to a 4 cylinder, I told her not to, but who listens?. Thank God it was a lease, she complained about that damn thing the whole time.

Only you can know, what is important to you. For me, I love having the Navigation, the moonroof, the back window, the heated seats(winter), the leather, the blind spot, push button and remote start. All very important to me and I use them all the time. The charger in the back is important to my daughter, so I guess that too.

I would easily give up cruise control, lane assist, the in bed speaker, and some other crap I will never use if I could.

What I'm getting at is if you are spending a small fortune on any vehicle, you should be excited and happy with your purchase, and not hate it for the time you will own it. Get what options you will use, and as far as the looks are concerned, you can swap out handles and wheels and add or remove chrome in several ways to get the look you want.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi
So I'm very into honda ridgeline and I visted dealer today to test drive. unfortunately dealer only have Sport trim on site. it was black and really like the looks almost prefer sport trim look more than rtl or rtl-e trim but I do really want leather seat and rear truck bed sliding window..
Thank youi!
The RTL-E is very close to the Black edition. I purchased a 2020 RTL-E Black on Black about a month ago, it had everything the Black does, but not the Black and Red seat covers (didn't want that). It was quite a bit less then the Black, but had all of the safety features and then some. One thing that helped was that the dealer had made it their showcase model and had the Tonneau cover, side moldings and other things on it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The feature differences between a Sport and a BE have lessened for 21 so it comes down to features. I suggest you write down the features you want and the minimum trim that will have the those features. Unlike the 17-20 Ridgelines I think that the RTL will cover a lot of bases for many buyers. If you don't care about a back window the Sport is decent. Problem is at the end of 2019, the lowest price on the Sport I saw mentioned on the forum was in the 26's so 30k OTD for a 2019 vs 40k OTD for a 21 is kind of tough to accept as there aren't 10k worth of improvements. Prices will take a while to come back down but now it not the time to be buying IMO.
26k? was it AWD ?

·
Registered
2,623 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yes, also great deals on RTLE back then. Post#1555

Nice. I’ll wait a bit. Honestly if rtl trim has same black accent feature like sport trim, 100% go with rtl. I want acoustic windshield.. but hate that chrome accent on rtl and rtl-e trim

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm shopping for a 2021 RTL-E. Primarily it was because of the upgraded radio and the cross-traffic alert, but after hearing that the RTL has the cross-traffic alert it is causing me to pause. The sound quality is SUPER IMPORTANT to me but there comes a point where spending an extra $4000 for it may be ridiculous. BTW, I've been looking for an RTL-E in Red and there are so few the dealers have me by the balls. I'd have to pay $44k MSRP for it and I'd still want to swap out the wheels for the painted ones which will cost at least an extra 1400+. Frustrated right now.

·
Administrator
18,255 Posts
There are reports of audio problems on the Sport and RTL. The RTL-E system isn't the best, but it doesn't seem to have the issue reported on the lower trims.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts