1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
154 Posts
I got the Honda version from the dealer when I got my RL and I saw the DU-HA one at a truck accessory store here in town. I thought being able to store riffles in the DU-HA was neat if that is something that you will need to do. Keeps them out of sight but it does not have a provision to lock that I know of. Either way there is only so much space under the seat so they both will be about the same size and hold about the same amount of stuff.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I was not aware there was a after market (non OEM) for the G2 Ridgeline. I agree it does look bigger. My only concern would be that all of the pictures are of a G1. They also stated that it's one model that fits both G1 and G2. I don't know if the back seat dimensions are the same between the G1 and G2. I just purchased the OEM version this weekend for $97 as many of the online dealers are offering free shipping for Black Friday.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
It’s a personal preference. I think the OEM bolts are overkill. There’s no where for it to go if the seats are down. Either way one of the best add ones. They hold quite a bit of junk.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can one of you with the current accessory storage take a pic. with both rear seats up so I can get a better idea of size? The Honda image you find on every web page leaves a lot to be desired.

Thanks,
Bob S.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've got the DU-HA on order and should be in this week. I'll post a pic when I get it in.
I thought about the factory one but it looks like the DU_HA has more actual space and a place for a rifle.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Gym bags don’t compare to flipping the seat up and having instant access.
The storage box is a nice solution, unless you want to stop the various paraphernalia from rolling around the cabin, but raising the seats to get to something is an issue in itself...ie with a dog hammock back there, accompanied by a large dog (or two). Having tried the underseat storage bin on a previous vehicle, for my purposes, access was far from instant.

·
Registered
35 Posts
On the DU-HA site, it shows that only the black version fits the G2. How can color affect the applicability of the unit?
Color Part # Year
Gray 50039 06-14
Beige 50040 06-14
Olive 50041 06-09
Black 50074 06-18

·
Registered
13 Posts
‘09 RTL with a Hu-Ha. Totally satisfied with the functionality and capacity. It actually holds more junk than it needs to. My advice is that it is either a gun rack OR a storage box. It doesn’t function well for me as both. So for me it’s a junk box. Mine came with straps to secure it to the seat frame but those are lost somewhere in the junk. I have had no issues with the box moving about while the truck is in motion. Mine fits a bit snug up under the seat as I also have a WeatherTech rubber mat under it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks all,

I went with the newer factory Honda design - one of the online Honda parts places had free shipping this past weekend, so I ordered the two accessories I wanted - Mudflaps & the storage system.

The dealership wanted $315 for those items - from Bernardi it was $176.67 with free shipping.

Waiting until Monday to pick up the RL is killing me.... :wink:

Take care,
Bob S.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've got the DU-HA on order and should be in this week. I'll post a pic when I get it in.
I thought about the factory one but it looks like the DU_HA has more actual space and a place for a rifle.
Would love to see those pics and get your comments on the fit since it's the same as the G1 bin.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Sorry for the delay, I'll get a pic tonight.
I do like the storage unit. It's got a ton of space and fits very well.
I also put in all weather floor mats(whatever the amazon version of weathertec is) and that little bit of extra height makes the DU-HA super snug under the seats.

No regrets

1 - 20 of 59 Posts