Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 Ridgeline which has developed a whine in the engine area when I put the truck in reverse and back up. When I do forward, it stops. Have checked the power steering pump, but no problems there. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,262 Posts
Since it changes when shifting gears, check the motor mounts. Just guessing all the service is up to date, specifically the ATF has been changed enough to be clean.

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
The Maintenance Minder will tell you when to change the ATF, but you might think about putting it on a 30k mile interval. Which makes you due.

Chip H.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,262 Posts
Service up to date. Truck only has 60,000 miles, so I am thinking the ATF is OK.
ATF, Would have been changed at 45k, with normal maintenance schedule, but most likely you actually qualify for severe service schedule, considering you have a 2007 with only 60k miles. Please read this thread.

That means the ATF should have been changed at 30k and is due now. Also if your having a Honda dealer do this for about $150-$200 they are doing a single drain and fill, which only removed 3.5-4qts of the 8.5qts. Or less than 45%. Read this thread, good chart on page 2.

Lastly, IIRC, a 2007 has Honda Z1 which was believed to be a semi-synthetic ATF Oil, now all changes at dealerships and the only approved ATF for the RL, is Honda/Acura DW-1. On its own, many believe 3-4 drain and fills(14-16qts) with DW-1, and with 5-50 miles between changes, ensuring all gears are operated, will significantly improve shifting.

CCKid, If I was you there is a significant difference between knowing and thinking, sorry but the statement above tells me you haven't read much on maintaining RL, you're driving. There are many threads on maintenance of your RL, please use the Search in the blue bar, you'll most likely find the answers to the questions you have.

YMMV

1 - 6 of 6 Posts