Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read about the "wind noise" that some people experience on their Ridgelines and thought that mine didn't suffer from that problem. Today, I noticed a slight whistle at around 40 mph. Is this the same issue? I think this is a new issue because can't believe I wouldn't have noticed it before now. I guess it's possible that it's been there all along but when I bought the truck, I knew about the wind issue and specifically listened for strange noises on the test drive. For those of you that have the wind noise, how would you describe it?

Thanks,
Steve

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
You do have it, sorry. Fortunately, Honda is aware of this problem, and now know how to take care of it. Take it back to your dealer, tell them you are aware of others who has had this same problem.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have it too, now and then and a varying speeds. I'll take it in, but what do they do to correct it Tex? :confused: Thanks.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
rlguy said:
I have it too, now and then and a varying speeds. I'll take it in, but what do they do to correct it Tex? :confused: Thanks.
They will replace the windshield. Good as new.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The "whistle" noise is coming from the upper RH corner of the windshield. It is a constant whistle that get louder as the speed increases. Mine was quiet until the speed reached 45-50 mph. It was really annoying us. However, it did not leak water into the cabin when it rained, but we could feel the breeze it created.

There is a new service bulletin from Honda regarding this problem. The fix is simple. A strip of neoprene gasketing is tucked under the perimeter windshield gasket on the outside of the glass without removing the glass. This fixed the problem and eliminated the noise. My dealer fixed it the same day at no charge - and the repair is invisible. Now the cabin is comfortable and quiet. Nice.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hornet, I am so glad to hear that!!! I don't want a new windshield or any other trauma done to my black beauty (which apparently is similar to yours). Thanks for the heads up. I printed out your response and will take it to my dealer.

Rl guy

·
Registered
491 Posts
now that we have cool nights, mine has started again and only when it is cold and in the evenings. I will take it to be fixed when it gets the first oil change.

·
Registered
578 Posts
My whistle is not from the windshield, but rather the driver side mirror. I think it might have somethign to do with the clear bra I have on there...

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the replys. I'll take it to the dealer (someone other than Honda of Seattle) if I ever get back since having my paint repaired :mad: .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts