Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed that the bed is quite easy to scratch or streak. Anytime anything of substance is pulled over the bed, a white streak results. Has anyone found a way to remove these?

Thanks

Diverace

·
Registered
264 Posts
Me too, same problem

·
Registered
264 Posts
I washed mine too, but the white scratches remain. Tried some black magic on it and nothing.
Any suggestions out there?

L

·
0 Posts
hhhhhmmmmmm....Maybe it's all that Florida sun that makes those scratches so noticable. Maybe you should move North to snow country and really give that 'Line a work out!!!! :D

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
I'm with Vertrkr, if I focused on those scratches, I would be in a world of hurt...for goodness sakes, it's a truck... :cool:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hey everybody, please becareful with what you use to cover up those cosmetic blemishes on your truck bed. I'd rather have white streaks and a grippy surface beneath me than lose my footing while standing in the bed loading something heavy and awkard like a couch due to having oil or a silcone type tire polish on the bed floor surface. :)

·
Registered
361 Posts
My truck bed was scratched when I shoveled the snow out of the bed, but it does not bother me as long as I am the one doing the scratching.

But I would have a big problem if another man comes along and scratches the bed when I am not around.

Vertrkr and I will soon get a Leer bed cap to avoid this, I am sure.

Rub a little motor oil? That is not a bad idea!

·
Registered
536 Posts
I'm not worried since the scratches are in a composite material.

If it was scratched paint over steel then I would be more concerned.

·
Registered
10,401 Posts
This is actually a little-known feature that's called the Bed Use Indicator (tm). It lets the Honda factory field reps know who who is using their pickup truck as, well, you know, a pickup truck.

Kinda like the Verizon "Can you hear me now" guy.

That red one over there? User. The blue one? Poseur.

:p

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
Excellent shovelhd!! :D

·
Registered
349 Posts
It is actuall scrathing thru the black into the composite. I am considering getting the bed rhino-lined. I can tell you it'll cost about 400$ because they have to prime the bed so that the rhino will stick. They will put the tie down hooks back on afterward and they can trim out for the lights and the trunk lid. Then will not have to worry because the rhino remains same even if you scratch deep....

·
Registered
578 Posts
Spray on liners are there so tradition beds won't dent as easily and rust(as a result of scratches). The R-L bed will neither rust nor dent, so the only reason to do it would be for looks. Like other's have said, it is a truck. :)

Plus if it gets really bad, those panels are replaceable.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Blue said:
My truck bed was scratched when I shoveled the snow out of the bed, but it does not bother me as long as I am the one doing the scratching.

But I would have a big problem if another man comes along and scratches the bed when I am not around.

Vertrkr and I will soon get a Leer bed cap to avoid this, I am sure.

Rub a little motor oil? That is not a bad idea!

I tried the motor oil remedy. Marginal results.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Ridgeline Crime Unit said:
It is actuall scrathing thru the black into the composite. I am considering getting the bed rhino-lined. I can tell you it'll cost about 400$ because they have to prime the bed so that the rhino will stick. They will put the tie down hooks back on afterward and they can trim out for the lights and the trunk lid. Then will not have to worry because the rhino remains same even if you scratch deep....

One of the Honda guys that watches the site advised against the spray on liners. He said the thickness of the liner would screw-up the gaps needed for the trunk. It would also add weight to the trunk lid which he wasn's sure the springs would be able to support.

Food for thought before dumping $400 into the liner.

L

·
0 Posts
Get her dirty, make her work for ya....show her you love her by pampering her and she'll apprecate the fact that she gets a little scuffed up in bed!! ;)

1 - 20 of 70 Posts