Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How is this for the first snow ride? The Ridgeline did terrific in the snow - so good I kept driving and driving. We got 10 inches one day then another 6 the next day. Is it me or is white a magnet for dirt??

Attachments

·
Registered
774 Posts
should have gottem green.:D

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
Black and White vehicles are dirt magnets. They look awesome when they (Black and White vehicles) are clean...... but you spend most of your free time trying to keep them looking nice. My wife and I had a black '04 Pacifica. I was forever washing and waxing it to keep it looking nice.....we got a lot of complements on it shortly after a good polish/wax...but man it was work.

·
Registered
459 Posts
yes that does look horribly dirty.:p Black is even worse to keep clean. My red rl is not alot better. We got 8 inches of snow last week. I couldnt take it no more and went to the carwash today. Its supposed to snow again in 2 days. It might have been a wasted 10 dollars but I felt better.:eek:

·
Registered
163 Posts
I had a white Eagle talon and it was great, of course it was texas (rarely any snow) and the roads were really not muddy. You could only tell how dirty it was by touching it and seeing the "clean" white underneath...

I noticed my blue looking a little dirty the other day too but ... sorry.. .not that dirty.

This time of year in the Northeast is tough you either find a good car wash or let it go...

I still like the white though

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
kdogofjtown said:
How is this for the first snow ride? The Ridgeline did terrific in the snow - so good I kept driving and driving. We got 10 inches one day then another 6 the next day. Is it me or is white a magnet for dirt??
Man kdogofjtown, That ain't nothin. You should try to keep a black one clean! We don't even have snow here and it's a lot of work.

·
Registered
774 Posts
All color loyalties aside, silver is probably the best color in hiding dirt. Mine has at least 2 winter storms worth of dirt and you hardly see it.

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
I agreen Denverfan.....That is one of the main reasons I bought a silver RL. I was torn between the blue and silver. I had a silver S-10 with dark-green trim and, when it was dirty, the dark green area looked really bad, while the silver part did not.... and that's part of the reason I went with the silver....it doesn't look too bad when it is dirty.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My biggest problem - it stays so cold here that I can not get it washed. If I take it to a car wash then the water freezes as I drive home. I dont have a heated garage so how do I keep it looking decent?

·
Registered
83 Posts
As I posted in another thread, -17F here this am. You don't even lick your lips when you step outside.

After many winters, my usual plan for car washing is to wash early in the morning on a day it is supposed to get near 30 or so then park in the sun. Otherwise,I grit my teeth and live with it. Most of the winter it's just a quick undercarrage rinse every couple of weeks to get the sand/salt off.

I agree, the cleanest appearing car we ever owned, no matter what season, was silver.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
kdogofjtown said:
My biggest problem - it stays so cold here that I can not get it washed. If I take it to a car wash then the water freezes as I drive home. I dont have a heated garage so how do I keep it looking decent?
This reminds me of one Christmas in CT. My daughters, and future wife to be, went to midnight mass. I did not want to drive the Jeep dirty when everyone looked spiffy. So before we left for church, I took it to a car wash. Immediately went to church. After the one hour mass, all the doors were frozen shut!! I used my gloved hand and pounded around the door frame to get them open. Lesson learned? Do not wash if temp expected below freezing.

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
kdogofjtown said:
Kdog.....I guess your only alternative would be to bring it to a detailer and have them wash/wax it for you. Most of the reputable detailers have indoor washing during the winter. It might cost you $20.....but what's worse, parting with $20 or having to look at your dirty Ridge every day?!? I know what my choice would be.....:D

·
Registered
74 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
i was my ridge every week and it bothers me when i was it and theres all these little black specks of dirt.. makes me wonder about all the specks i might have missed on my old car (black prelude)... ive also been noticing these very little pin size rust spots i can kinda scrape em off but it worries me if its something due to the paint itself or just something flying onto my vehicle and rusting?? anyone else having the same problem?

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
flridgey said:
i was my ridge every week and it bothers me when i was it and theres all these little black specks of dirt.. makes me wonder about all the specks i might have missed on my old car (black prelude)... ive also been noticing these very little pin size rust spots i can kinda scrape em off but it worries me if its something due to the paint itself or just something flying onto my vehicle and rusting?? anyone else having the same problem?

flridgey.....as a matter of fact....yes, I noticed those too. Over the X-mas weekend, it was fairly nice out, so I decided to wash, towel dry, and "quick wax" my RL. I scraped off about a 1/2 dozen little black spots with my finger nail that had rust underneath them.

I don't think it's a rust spot on the truck. I gotta say it's something sticking to the surface and then rusting as it sits there. The reason I say that is, underneath the little black/rust spots, the paint is not damaged in any way and the rust just wiped right off with a towel. I'm not expert on paint jobs....but I would think if there was rust coming up through the paint, there would have to be some sort of damage to the paint....and it would have a scrape on it, or it would be bubbling up.

·
Registered
68 Posts
cdepuydt said:
flridgey.....as a matter of fact....yes, I noticed those too. Over the X-mas weekend, it was fairly nice out, so I decided to wash, towel dry, and "quick wax" my RL. I scraped off about a 1/2 dozen little black spots with my finger nail that had rust underneath them.

I don't think it's a rust spot on the truck. I gotta say it's something sticking to the surface and then rusting as it sits there. The reason I say that is, underneath the little black/rust spots, the paint is not damaged in any way and the rust just wiped right off with a towel. I'm not expert on paint jobs....but I would think if there was rust coming up through the paint, there would have to be some sort of damage to the paint....and it would have a scrape on it, or it would be bubbling up.
Yeah, I have quite a bit more than half a dozen but it bothers the hell out of me that they're there and so many of them. Figured it was something just getting stuck to the surface and rusting. And it doesn't come off as easy as just scraping it a couple times with my finger nail, takes a lot of work, but oh well, guess I gotta deal with it. :( it's hard being 5'3 and washing the beast on my own.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts