Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

301 - 320 of 321 Posts

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Did you get a new bike, Im thinkin of keepin my Rock Hopper Comp. and getting a fat tire. They are getting big around here.
I did. Second one this year. Picked up a 18 fuel ex 8 back in january but realized I needed a little more squish for my size. So sold that one and got this slash 9.8. First ride last night I noticed it is a bit harder to climb but it is just a bulldozer everywhere else.

I agree fat tire in your neck of the woods would be good. Ive maybe seen 2-3 out and about here. To hard and dry

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
Thinkin of doin the Heck of the Woods Race this Fall but dont know about the work schedule yet. People ride every kind of bike on it. Combo trails, dirt roads, asphalt. Trail is close to the bush cabin that makes it nice. Could do the 55 miles loop race but dont know about the 100 mile one, same day same start.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Do it! I am going to do the Filthy Fifty this year. I did it two years ago, with a time of 5hrs 30 ish min. I came in like 27th in my class I think..out of like 45...but 15 or so didn't even finish. All I wanted to do was finish. And this year I feel I am in better shape so I hope to finish under 5 hrs. We will see.

100 miles!!! No freaking way on a mountain bike.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
Do it! I am going to do the Filthy Fifty this year. I did it two years ago, with a time of 5hrs 30 ish min. I came in like 27th in my class I think..out of like 45...but 15 or so didn't even finish. All I wanted to do was finish. And this year I feel I am in better shape so I hope to finish under 5 hrs. We will see.

100 miles!!! No freaking way on a mountain bike.
OK so lets do the math on this, it makes me feel much better. :grin:

·
Registered
24 Posts
On a two week road trip and have ridden in and seen some pretty awesome places. Picked up a new bike on the trip as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
How is that mounted in the back?

I just picked up a 2018 Specialized Rockhopper Comp (Craigslist) for my 1st foray into mountain biking. Been looking at possibly a tailgate pad for transport, but curious about what you have going on.
Thule instagator. Expensive but worth every penny. So easy to just load the bike and go. No removing the wheel, no jumping in the bed etc Little tricky to install though. The little rubber/plastic leashes? holders? go under the back panel. Just remove it slide the huge knobs under and bolt it back on.

https://www.amazon.com/Thule-Insta-Gator-Truck-Mount/dp/B01EOOJM92

And have fun out on the trails!!! That's what mtn biking is all about. And a couple tips I like to shout out to newbies..Get a bell (https://www.mtbbell.com/) and don't play your music out loud or wear both headphones. Always have a ear open. And if you are a pad wearer person.. those new Gform pads are awesome! https://g-form.com/shop-sport/bike

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
Just make sure you squeeze the front brake...never grab LOL. I have made that mistake a few times.
But dont squeeze the front brake with the wheel removed. I have a special little clip that takes place of the disc (insert in caliper) when removed just in case it where to happen.:grin:

·
Registered
29 Posts
On a two week road trip and have ridden in and seen some pretty awesome places. Picked up a new bike on the trip as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Before I got the ridgeline I used to keep my 1upUSA on my car the whole time. But now that the 1upUSA covers up the license plate, I have to take it on and off constantly. Do you keep yours on year round?

·
Registered
186 Posts
I just picked up a 2018 Specialized Rockhopper Comp (Craigslist) for my 1st foray into mountain biking. Been looking at possibly a tailgate pad for transport, but curious about what you have going on.
I am now reminded that my Specialized Rockhopper is 26 years old. Is that old for a bike? It still rides :)

301 - 320 of 321 Posts