Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may be a basic question but for someone who has yet to purchase the extended warranty who pays for TSB work? Like rattling speakers, lubing or replacing front struts (if there is a TSB), creaky steering wheel etc...

Should I just bite the bullet and purchase the extended warranty?

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
With all of my other vehicles all TSB work has been covered by the manufacturer.

·
Registered
58 Posts
reddragon, when your vehicle is under warranty (and sometimes after) the dealer will fix items under TSBs at no cost to you. I considered the extended warranty, but I decided against it, since reliability is why I bought a Honda. Chevy, Ford, Dodge - definitely buy the warranty.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
troutscout said:
I considered the extended warranty, but I decided against it, since reliability is why I bought a Honda. Chevy, Ford, Dodge - definitely buy the warranty.
Agree 100%. Haven't even needed the original warranty. Never considered an extended as it's a Honda.:D Only ExW I ever had is on my present desktop and it has lived over 4 years, longest of any I've had.

·
Registered
121 Posts
arteegee said:
Agree 100%. Haven't even needed the original warranty. Never considered an extended as it's a Honda.:D Only ExW I ever had is on my present desktop and it has lived over 4 years, longest of any I've had.
Nice, I wish I had your luck. Mine has been in 4 times for warranty work already.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Dealers love warranty work-their reimbursement rate is higher than what they could charge the general public without causing heart attacks. In 50,000miles of warranty on my Mercedes (POS), I had 58 pages of warranty repairs. Every time I took it in for one little thing, they found ten others that needed 'fixed' under warranty. Including things like a new steering wheel because mine was showing wear, I was missing a panel plug in the cargo area and they replaced the entire unit becasue it was 'defective', etc. I had almost a brand new car every time I got it back. :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Warranties are definitely good for PCs, although they always seem to break right after the warranty expires. Can you say planned obsolescence? :D

scottIN I feel your German car pain. My last Audi (2000 S4) had over 10 grand in warranty work in 2 years. I never thought I would say it, but never buy a German car without an extented warranty!! Exactly why I am now driving a Honda. ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts