Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There has been some discussion about the "Toot Toot" Horn on the Ridgeline G2. Seems like we all could use an "Adult" horn.

I've exchanged a few messages with DK-NY from Ridgeline- Mods. He may be able to cook up a nice dual-horn set with custom mounting bracket, wiring, instructions, etc. Rough guestimate would be about $125ish for the whole setup.

No more details yet, just trying to see if there is enough interest to make it worth the setup. Who is interested??

- Full disclosure: I have no business interest with DK-NY, nor do I know anything about the quality of his work, although I may end up being a beta-tester for this one if it moves forward.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
There has been some discussion about the "Toot Toot" Horn on the Ridgeline G2. Seems like we all could use an "Adult" horn.

I've exchanged a few messages with DK-NY from Ridgeline- Mods. He may be able to cook up a nice dual-horn set with custom mounting bracket, wiring, instructions, etc. Rough guestimate would be about $125ish for the whole setup.

No more details yet, just trying to see if there is enough interest to make it worth the setup. Who is interested??

- Full disclosure: I have no business interest with DK-NY, nor do I know anything about the quality of his work, although I may end up being a beta-tester for this one if it moves forward.
I could be coaxed if it didn't take up space in front of the radiator.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I'm in pending what it looks like and how it mounts.

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
I might be interested as well...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: ScooterS

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
for the record, I bought PIAA twin horns, 400hz and 500hz. The 500hz is HIGHER pitched than the stock Honda horn! I tested them with a jump box and was shocked to hear that it was higher pitched. I would guess the stock horn is about 480zhz or so...Thinking of using all three, if I ever find the time when it is NOT raining...

·
Registered
183 Posts

Working on my own set up right now that I'm hoping to offer in a kit shortly. Have a small order of brackets in from a local fab shop, just need to get the rest of the pieces together and finalize the wiring harness kit. Right now I'm estimating about $70 in parts (including the horns).

Will have more info in about a week and a half as I'm stuck off the coast of California with the Navy.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Interested, as well, but the install directions and time required have to be reasonable.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Interested, as well, but the install directions and time required have to be reasonable.
Havent started the directions yet, still out at sea conducting an exercise. I'm estimating 30-45 mins to do the installation - my goal is to have everything wired in an easy package that just requires a few connections to get in

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Interestingly enough Honda has put the cartoon horn on other models including our 16crv.
The crazy thing is, it gets people's attention.
lol People must turn around expecting to see clowns pouring out of a clown car! I am hoping to install my PIAA 85110 115db 400HZ/500HZ Sports Horn today. I am thinking about connecting all 3 horns and see what that sounds like.

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hummm..... Looks like many of us have a shared dislike for the factory horn and there are several ways to fix it. Please, please, as you folks do your installs, take some pictures and hopefully an audio or video of how the thing sounds before and after (Note: All horns sound great inside the garage). I think that the most important things for me (and others?)are:
- Did you use the existing circuit and fuse, or did you add a relay?
- How did you get to the existing horn wire to add or tap for the new horn? (How hard is it to get there)
- What wiring connector/adaptor did you use, or did you tap/cut/splice the factory wiring?
- Where/How does it mount.... bracket needed, exising bolt hole, etc?
- What does it sound like (before and after??) ?

You guyz will be some real pioneers for the rest of us! I will probably make my decision/plan after you report back

·
Registered
313 Posts
Hummm..... Looks like many of us have a shared dislike for the factory horn and there are several ways to fix it. Please, please, as you folks do your installs, take some pictures and hopefully an audio or video of how the thing sounds before and after (Note: All horns sound great inside the garage). I think that the most important things for me (and others?)are:
- How did you get to the existing horn wire to add or tap for the new horn? (How hard is it to get there)
- What wiring connector/adaptor did you use, or did you tap/cut/splice the factory wiring?

You guyz will be some real pioneers for the rest of us! I will probably make my decision/plan after you report back

You mean like this? ?

http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/169-2g-accessories-performance-parts-modifications/165729-horn-install-u-s-editions.html

·
Registered
183 Posts

That is my plan as soon as I get back ashore. I chose to go with the Hella SharpTone (as opposed to the Hella SuperTone - they're a bit lower pitched, and yellow)
Right now the kit I'm working on will have a relay, so you'll need to connect it to the battery, but will plug into the connector for the original horn so there won't be any splicing into the wiring of the truck. From my understanding, you should be able to get to the original horn with a bit of stretching if you enter from the air box side, more to follow once I can actually scope that out. It'll have a bracket that mounts it in front of the radiator, but as high as it can go so you don't block as much air flow. There are existing bolts there so you wont have to drill anything.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Got the new horns in and it sounds fantastic. Took a bunch of pictures and have a pretty good idea of where I want to take the installation kit. Give me a day or two to put everything together and I can get an idea of what I want to charge.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts