Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think? Who will win in a head on collision with this truck? Will the wheels/suspension collapse and the body/chassis come through my windshield?

I’m all for peoples rights to customized their trucks but some of these trucks are getting out of hand.

I see this one frequently in my neighborhood parked along the side of his house. Every once in awhile he parks it in front of his neighbors house with a for sale sign on it. I suspect it is illegally customized.

I saw a black one like it on the freeway last week being put on a tow truck by the Highway Patrol. I think it was being impounded and not legal for street use.

These trucks are everywhere in my area and I never seen one dirty or muddy. They are always shiny and clean. Wonder if they ever really do any off roading. I’m just being facetious. I know, it’s mostly a macho thing, my truck is bigger than your truck.

In the second picture, with a little measuring, I figured there is a 50/50 chance the two front wheels will tow outward and I will go under the truck. With a little luck he will drive right over the top of me.

I the third picture I’m sitting in in the driver’s seat of my RL. Can those head lights really be adjusted to legal specifications??? I think there is some kind of height restrictions even for 18 wheelers. Also why do they seem to tailgate me at night when I’m sitting at a stop sign or red traffic signal.

Does this sound like a pet peeve or that I’m annoyed? Oh well, I’m still for everyone’s rights but I would sure hate to be dead right.

Joe.

P.S. I’m thinking about parking down the street and watch how he gets in and out of this truck. ;) Notice no handle grips or running boards. I think I would eventually break a leg or get a hernia :eek:

Attachments

·
Registered
626 Posts
Wow. That's just stupid, on so many levels.

·
Registered
140 Posts
One nudge on the Tires of the white truck by the ridgeline and that funny looking white truck will go no where.

·
Registered
964 Posts
I have always thought those trucks looked absolutely ridiculous. What is the point? The truck isn't any bigger, just more useless :eek:

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
And how do you get in that contraption? I mean if you were dumb enough to want to?

·
Registered
138 Posts
It looks like you're in SoCal, so you're right. It is illegal. Back in the early '80s when mini-Bigfoot lifted trucks were all the rage, the vehicle code was amended to prohibit vehicles raised so that "the lowest part of the frame of the truck exceeds 36 inches in height." It sure looks like this guy (and I say guy because only too-much testosterone would result in a vehicle like this) is above the 36" mark.

·
Premium Member
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
EBone said:
It looks like you're in SoCal, so you're right. It is illegal. Back in the early '80s when mini-Bigfoot lifted trucks were all the rage, the vehicle code was amended to prohibit vehicles raised so that "the lowest part of the frame of the truck exceeds 36 inches in height." It sure looks like this guy (and I say guy because only too-much testosterone would result in a vehicle like this) is above the 36" mark.

Your right. These trucks, and worse looking ones than that one, are all over So. Calif.

And they (not all) drive like aggresive maniacs, tailgate, rev their engines in stopped traffic and don't care where their head lights shine at night.

There really needs to be more enforcement for the safety of the motoring public. The main problem I see is having a head-on collision or even a side collison with one of these trucks. Decapitation is what I'm thinking. :eek:

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
What is the point of these trucks, you take that thing off roading and it would fall over sideways on even a basic off road obstical. I would think one big wind and it blow over.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Webwader said:
And how do you get in that contraption? I mean if you were dumb enough to want to?
Genie Lift?

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Webwader said:
Forget about getting in, how do you even open the doors? Maybe the remote opens the doors and drops a roll out ladder for you ;).

Or maybe it is like the buses in MA that can kneel for people, maybe that truck lowers itself down to pick up the passengers.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts