Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E; 2021 Flagstaff EPro e19FD trailer
30 Posts
We like Kerr Lake. Been twice with the Ridgeline and EPro. It's a pretty easy pull up US-1 from Raleigh. We have no watercraft, but I've been toying with the notion of an inflatable 2-person kayak. Better still would be a short (less than 5') 2-person pedal boat that might ride over a reinforced tonneau cover. (But I haven't found one yet.)

I'd also like to go the other way on 58 towards the hills. I remember many family camping trips to Rocky Knob when I was a youngster. A couple years ago we took the Ridgeline on a road trip (no towing) to Mabry Mill for some buckwheat pancakes. On the return trip we drove thru the Rocky Knob campground--the day before seasonal closing--and I imagined what it would be like to have the EPro up there. Now that I've added a supplemental tranny cooler, I'm less leary about the pull. Just gotta do it!

·
Registered
2020 Ridgeline Sport
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I wasn't familiar with the Epro but I googled it and it looks similar to a bunch I have seen. Nice layout too. Is the roof some type of fiberglass or plastic?

Yesterday I looked at a used Keystone bullet, Winnebago micro mini and an Rpod 180 which all look similar (they all start to look alike after a while...o_O) so I would imagine they results you get towing would also be similar.

An extra 1000 lbs towing would open up quite a bit more rigs, with more storage space. That is the thing that I think would take the most to get used to, a lack of place to put things. But maybe we dont need to haul as much gear either...

Ideally this would let us take longer trips which is my brides stipulation on downsizing since I have put the hammer down on any more trips longer than about 2-3 hours.

·
Registered
2019 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E; 2021 Flagstaff EPro e19FD trailer
30 Posts
The EPro has a rigid, walkable roof. I'm not sure of the underlying structure, but it feels quite sturdy. I've been up several times. It has a waterproof plastic membrane that is sealed at the edges. The roof is also domed, which is probably for aerodynamic purposes, but has the added benefit of shedding water and leaves.

I agree about an extra 1000# of tow capacity. It seems that tandem axle travel trailers start in the 5-6000# range. While I have no complaints with the ride while towing a single axle trailer, I'd sure like the security of a tandem axle.

·
Registered
2020 Ridgeline RTL-E Pacific Pewter
573 Posts
Forest River has a few similar families in the “19” range, each sort of having their own unique variations, but nearly identical material construction:
rpod
e-pro
geo-pro
no-bo
ibex

you can also use their trailer finder, but unfortunately it won’t let you search by max GVWR, but instead max UVW (dry weight). So you can set max weight to something like 3800 and look at the results.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts