Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why are the SAME things posted in multiple places on this board? :confused: There is a reason that the board was set up with subheadings people. Are there too many choices for some to decide where to post and therefore they post the same thing everywhere? Do you feel that the subheadings are not clear and you want them changed?

There is a wealth of information here but it is repeated over and over again. I don't understand why some of the topics (often identical) are posted in several places on the board. :confused: I do not see the repeated posts on other boards...maybe new "Ridge" owners are just excited. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
491 Posts
Why are the SAME things posted in multiple places on this board? There is a reason that the board was set up with subheadings people. Are there too many choices for some to decide where to post and therefore they post the same thing everywhere? Do you feel that the subheadings are not clear and you want them changed?

There is a wealth of information here but it is repeated over and over again. I don't understand why some of the topics (often identical) are posted in several places on the board. I do not see the repeated posts on other boards...maybe new "Ridge" owners are just excited.

(just playing with Mr.Manxster)

L

·
0 Posts
You are TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO funny yam-bearidge!!! Errr... I mean amy-bearidge!! No..uh ..I mean.... maybearidge!!! Yeah that's it. It's MAY-be a ridge!!! :D
You really should leave that cute little pooch Mr. Manxster to chew on his bone alone. :D

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
Merging threads to cut down on redundancy now. . . :D

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
maybearidge said:
Why are the SAME things posted in multiple places on this board? There is a reason that the board was set up with subheadings people. Are there too many choices for some to decide where to post and therefore they post the same thing everywhere? Do you feel that the subheadings are not clear and you want them changed?

There is a wealth of information here but it is repeated over and over again. I don't understand why some of the topics (often identical) are posted in several places on the board. I do not see the repeated posts on other boards...maybe new "Ridge" owners are just excited.

(just playing with Mr.Manxster)

Zero you do enough already and should not have to also perform clean up for others that are overzealous. :)

P.S. LadyRidge you don't like my puppy? Did I ever show you my cute little cats?

Attachments

L

·
0 Posts
No Mr. M...I loved your puppy!!!! And it has taken me about 10 minutes to stop laughing and get my stomach to stop hurting to reply. OMG that's funny!! :D

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
Mr. Manxter - what program are you using to make those hilarious photos? Those cats are very funny.

·
Premium Member
7,334 Posts
Don't know why things are posted in different forums, but my comment is that I've never seen one of these forums that doesn't have a "general discussion" area.

Would make much of this a LOT easier to track.

·
Registered
406 Posts
My opinion, FWIW (not much); most people have wasted time in the past performing unsuccessful searches, which has trained them to not use that feature on a site. Also, at least here in So. California, there is a definite "ME, ME, ME" attitude by too many people; which makes them go for the quick solution to all problems and not necessarily learning about the problem itself.

Sorry about the rant.
And I love MY new truck!

·
Registered
10,401 Posts
Grok Lobster said:
My opinion, FWIW (not much); most people have wasted time in the past performing unsuccessful searches, which has trained them to not use that feature on a site. Also, at least here in So. California, there is a definite "ME, ME, ME" attitude by too many people; which makes them go for the quick solution to all problems and not necessarily learning about the problem itself.
It's a self-fullfilling prophecy. If there are a dozen identical posts, the search engine is going to find them all.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
zero said:
Mr. Manxter - what program are you using to make those hilarious photos? Those cats are very funny.
Zero, Not taking any credit for those pictures they were sent to me by others. I would assume PhotoShop was the software choice.

Zero keep up the good work with this board it is appreciated. :)

L

·
0 Posts
Mr Manxter said:
Zero, Not taking any credit for those pictures they were sent to me by others. I would assume PhotoShop was the software choice.

Zero keep up the good work with this board it is appreciated. :)

Ditto on the appreciation zero.

·
ROC Founder, Admin
2,611 Posts
Couple of quick things... our Search feature is located on the top navigation bar and it works VERY well, I promise. I encourage people (especially those new to using a message board who have a question) to try searching for answers to your question.

Also for those new to message boards, it's a no-no to cross post your same question or post in mulitiple categories. This, as we're discussing right here, clutters up the board.

Someone commented that we don't have a "general discussion" area on this board. This is it. It's called Miscellaneous instead, but it serves the same purpose. But like the original poster points out, there are categories for most every question or topic already. For those that don't have an obvious category, they fit right here.

Thanks to everyone as we continue to grow and improve. All site/forum suggestions can be sent to me via email.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts