Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How come the Honda Passport gets the "athletic" blacked out styling and new headlights but the Ridgeline doesn't? Come on Honda ditch the chrome on the Ridgeline! Easy change. Then provide some better wheel options...

·
Administrator
15,237 Posts
...and more ground clearance and a new steering wheel, instrument cluster, and infotainment system and full LED headlights and ventilated seats and power folding mirrors and a wireless phone charger and side dimming mirrors and rain-sensing wipers and heated rear seats and Wi-Fi hotspot capability and over-the-air updates... :)

·
Premium Member
4,012 Posts
...and more ground clearance and a new steering wheel, instrument cluster, and infotainment system and full LED headlights and ventilated seats and power folding mirrors and a wireless phone charger and side dimming mirrors and rain-sensing wipers and heated rear seats and Wi-Fi hotspot capability and over-the-air updates... :)
And as you can see, it is the appearance package that matters at first blush to many people... that what gets them digging for more info, or into dealer showrooms.

I suspect Honda will work on the Ridgeline appearance IF they do indeed want to increase sales of that particular vehicle.

·
Super Moderator
5,483 Posts
You forgot the bonus "Black Copper Pearl" and "Black Forest Pearl" color choices. I didn't realize the Passport was so "decked" out.

·
Registered
611 Posts
It would be difficult for Honda to offer a dealer-installed blackout package for the Ridgeline.
Doubt it. Honda already uses vinyl for the Sport and Black edition. The original trim under it is chrome like ALL the Ridgelines.

A local stealership could just pay a mobile vinyl guy and get the same result and make more profit.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Trust me, it was between the Ridgeline and Passport when I was shopping, but the price...

Quotes I got for the Elite were roughly 40k, and the Ridgeline I snagged an RTL-E for 36k give or take. So 4k for those features, I decided it was okay to live without.

Pilot/Passport prices being that much more than a Ridgeline is hard to justify when the Ridgeline to me was better suited for what I was going to do with it.

·
Registered
82 Posts
How come the Honda Passport gets the "athletic" blacked out styling and new headlights but the Ridgeline doesn't? Come on Honda ditch the chrome on the Ridgeline! Easy change. Then provide some better wheel options...

Like buying a cell phone, or a computer, or anything with yearly releases - something "better" is always just around the corner.

B.S. consumerism. Buy what you need, when you need it. Forget the rest and forget keeping up with the Jones.

·
Registered
78 Posts
It's irritating seeing their other cars get so much compared to the Ridgeline. But then again, the Ridgeline is almost a hobby to Honda. A sure-why-not lineup. Compared to Ford, GM, and Ram, where trucks are almost literally the only reason they still have business, it isn't too surprising from a financial standpoint why Honda just throws some options together for the Ridgeline and saves the complete package of upgrades and perks for their main moneymakers.

Of course, you could point out the Canada vs US differences, but that's another realm of headaches entirely.

·
Administrator
15,237 Posts
All that lookie lou stuff.......and all I want is a damn radio that does not turn off when the motor is turned off. Hey Honda, turn the radio off when the door is opened. Please.
If it makes you feel any better, the 2020 CX-5 I just bought not only turns off the radio when the engine is shut off, but the windows turn off immediately as well. :)

All the GM vehicles I had since 1995 (Lumina, Cavalier, Regal) kept the accessories going until the door was opened.

·
Registered
549 Posts
GM vehicles spoiled me to their accessory off feature/logic. Common sense logic dies a little more every day.

·
Administrator
15,237 Posts
Well, you could always pick up a 2018-current Odyssey or 2019-current RDX - both of which have GM-style retained accessory power logic. :) But then, people complain that their radios don't shut off - it would be nice if this was a setting for it.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Trust me, it was between the Ridgeline and Passport when I was shopping, but the price...

Quotes I got for the Elite were roughly 40k, and the Ridgeline I snagged an RTL-E for 36k give or take. So 4k for those features, I decided it was okay to live without.

Pilot/Passport prices being that much more than a Ridgeline is hard to justify when the Ridgeline to me was better suited for what I was going to do with it.
Agree, I got my RTL-E for about the same price. Great deal

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Like buying a cell phone, or a computer, or anything with yearly releases - something "better" is always just around the corner.

B.S. consumerism. Buy what you need, when you need it. Forget the rest and forget keeping up with the Jones.
If I was keeping up with the Jones in my neighborhood I would have a Volvo or BMW, which I sure as heck don't want. I'm pretty happy with my RTL-E. This is just commentary on some fairly easy styling changes Honda could make for the Ridgeline. I was a bit surprised that the 2020 model didn't use the Passport front end.

·
Registered
549 Posts
"styling changes Honda could make"......suits and ties sitting around big conference room tables deciding which vehicle gets what. The head suit and tie says "don't even think about a perfect vehicle", we gotta keep the consumer asking/guessing "why not have this" in forums. 🤷‍♂️

·
Super Moderator
5,483 Posts
If I was keeping up with the Jones in my neighborhood I would have a Volvo or BMW, which I sure as heck don't want. I'm pretty happy with my RTL-E. This is just commentary on some fairly easy styling changes Honda could make for the Ridgeline. I was a bit surprised that the 2020 model didn't use the Passport front end.
My sister and her husband purchased a Volvo XC40 when they first came out through the VolvoCare program. They have given up trying to get the Android Auto to work with their Google Pixel phones.

Reactions: Tswiftma

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My sister and her husband purchased a Volvo XC40 when they first came out through the VolvoCare program. They have given up trying to get the Android Auto to work with their Google Pixel phones.
LOL. My neighbors across the street have an XC90 and I saw it getting towed yesterday. MSRP on that thing is $48K. No thanks

·
Premium Member
2010 RT - Bali Blue
3,921 Posts
The Passport is marketed as some rugged off roader, while the Ridgeline is marketed as a versatile, unique and best midsize pickup. The latter, however, is very true, compared to the Passport purely because it is not a rugged off-roader.

That said, it is all about capitalizing on the craze in the crossover market. Every monkey and its rabbit wants a crossover to move people around, when they can do that in either a minivan or a sedan. My friend who has a small dog, got a crossover; just because. While some automakers make sporty versions of their basic crossover, Honda and other automakers market their crossovers as rugged ones.

My Odyssey has those pwr folding mirrors, wireless charging, over the air updates, ventilated seats and rain sensing wipers. I never use wireless charging and I keep my rain sensing wipers are off. The only time I use the folding mirrors is for car washes and I love the ventilated seats and the OTA updates.

·
Administrator
15,237 Posts
LOL. My neighbors across the street have an XC90 and I saw it getting towed yesterday. MSRP on that thing is $48K. No thanks
...And, that's the base model! The middle trims in the the $50's to $60's with the high-end trims in the $70's. On the flip side, you can get $10K off without even asking. :)

Who wouldn't want an automobile with a crystal shift knob!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts