Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen posted that if buying now, you should look for one built in or after Sept. Why? What changes, improvements have been made? Thanks again.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Lots of fixes, but the big one for 9/05 and beyond was the auto-unlocking of all doors (as opposed to just the driver's door). The later the manufacturing date, the less chance it will have problems with windshield noise, water leaks, and other issues that it seems Honda has been fixing during production as they've cropped up.

·
Registered
12 Posts
flymuck said:
Lots of fixes, but the big one for 9/05 and beyond was the auto-unlocking of all doors (as opposed to just the driver's door). The later the manufacturing date, the less chance it will have problems with windshield noise, water leaks, and other issues that it seems Honda has been fixing during production as they've cropped up.

I have not picked up my Ridge yet. So are you saying that after 9/05 build date the door lock unlock issue was resolved?

·
Registered
479 Posts
SmokyMtnRidger said:
Based upon my own personal experience, as well as that of others that have a build date of 09/05 or later, yes.
Just picked up mine yesterday. I tried this for about a half hour, and couldn't get all doors to unlock. It's a build date of 09/05. I followed the manual, but I will try again this weekend.

But to answer the original question, I agree with the others on this thread. In addition to the other improvements mentioned, my own personal experience is that the paint depth & shine is noticeably better on the 09/05. You are supposed to get the latest Navi DVD version if I remember correctly. The 'not an ashtray' is fixed too. And the 'fender dip' has been adressed.

I really hope the 'all door unlock' is fixed on mine as has been posted. If someone could help, that would be great! I'll try the other threads on that subject.

Buy one built 09/05 or later. You will NOT regret it.

fins

Just look at this beauty.

Attachments

·
Registered
116 Posts
My build date was 09/05 and had no problem changing from default setting on door unlock to having all doors unlock. I chose unlock when placed in park. You can also go with unlock when ingition key is placed in lock.

·
Premium Member
1,554 Posts
fins2theright said:
Just picked up mine yesterday. I tried this for about a half hour, and couldn't get all doors to unlock. It's a build date of 09/05. I followed the manual, but I will try again this weekend.

I really hope the 'all door unlock' is fixed on mine as has been posted. If someone could help, that would be great! I'll try the other threads on that subject.
If I remember correctly just follow the procedures for the unlock in park or the unlock when ignition switch is out of the ON just like the manual says.

The trick is in the step where you Push and HOLD the rear of the master door lock switch on the drivers door you will hear ONE click sound - KEEP holding the switch down for 5 more seconds until you hear a SECOND click sound.

Hope that works, I get the second click sound and it still won't unlock all the doors.

Other members with earlier build dates say they DONT get the SECOND click sound.

Joe.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I have succeeded in getting ALL DOORS TO UNLOCK when put in park!:eek:

Guess I wasn't doing something right the first time. Can't wait to tell my dealer. They didn't know the September builds fixed this.:rolleyes:

Fins

·
Registered
1 Posts
Interestingly enough, I saw that my black RTL (with Navi) was also built on 9/5... must have been a big day for Honda. I was just shooting for a VIN > 16000 but it was a nice bonus to get one with an additional fix.

The door unlock was the first (and one of the only) complaints my wife had...it took me a couple tries, but i did get it to unlock all doors when I put it in park. I saw that I could disable the lock feature altogether too... which I probably will do... I've never been a big fan of cars locking me in.

Also... wanted to shout out a BIG thanks to the folks here... I almost paid 2K more than I should have at my local dealer -- saved a lot of dough and felt a lot more confident in my purchase thanks to you all.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I'm getting a Ridgeline for a company car. When I was asked what color, I went with black and proceeded to explain I wanted a build date of 9/05 or later. :rolleyes:

The salesman, who I have also been dealing with on a Pilot for my wife, called me to ask why I was asking for that. I told him all the reasons and he said he had gone out to the one they had with a tech and it unlocked the doors just fine. :eek: I said ok.

I thought about it for a couple of days and then I sent him an e-mail to let him know it better be able to unlock all of the doors automatically. Today I took my truck in to get a trade in value to go with my Pilot purchase and he told me he should have a VIN for me on the Ridgeline soon. After my last e-mail, he told them to get me one with a 9/05 build date or later. :)

I love this forum!!!!

RidgeInTheVille

·
Registered
219 Posts
I am jealous, and I thought my build date of 8/05 was good:(

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
brian1972ct said:
I am jealous, and I thought my build date of 8/05 was good:(
It is good, it is just missing one little feature. If you offered me a straight trade of a current Ridgeline for mine I probably wouldn't bother. You get comfortable with a car and all its quirks and now they are sort mine.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Are they going to release any type of fix for the earlier models?

·
Registered
43 Posts
My RL was built in late 9/05 and I can't seem to get the doors to unlock either, I get the second click but they don't unlock. Most of the time they don't even lock though, sometimes they do, I'll have to mess with it some more tonight and see if I'm just missing something.

You have to program it to lock before you program it to unlock right? The manual has a procedure to do both, am I confused?

·
Registered
626 Posts
jays0n said:
My RL was built in late 9/05 and I can't seem to get the doors to unlock either, I get the second click but they don't unlock. Most of the time they don't even lock though, sometimes they do, I'll have to mess with it some more tonight and see if I'm just missing something.

You have to program it to lock before you program it to unlock right? The manual has a procedure to do both, am I confused?
You're not confused... although I hear that there's actually *three* clicks that you're waiting for, not two... the first click you hear, the one that actually unlocks the doors, well, you gotta ignore that one. Several people who have 9/05 models have said this was the trick. I, of course, have an earlier truck, so no auto-unlock of all doors for me! :( But I don't care, I love my truck anyway. I just don't have the doors auto-lock.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I am ignoring the first click (door locking), still not working though, it's not locking the doors either though.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
I have an early build with a few small issues but nothing major. I have overridden the auto door locks. They're fully manual now. I have the Not an Ashtry problem. The door sticks partly open. I have to jam my fingers in the opening to get it to fully open. Fixing it requires replacing that part of the lower dash.

·
Registered
626 Posts
jays0n said:
I am ignoring the first click (door locking), still not working though, it's not locking the doors either though.
Ah. Well, I think you might have to have the auto-lock turned on in order for the auto-unlock to work. I don't know if it works if you manually lock the doors then expect the auto-unlock to do something.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts