Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
173 Posts
I'm not sure if this has been answered before but from my understanding you have to load an APK from a USB flash drive or download it to get the app or widget on it. There is no Play store on this version and honestly, I'd have real concerns that trying to mod the version of Android that is on it would cause major issues.

I did download the Amazon store APK, as a workaround but stopped before the moment of install. I figure everything is so new, the service department may give me a "I dunno" if something went bad. I'd rather something else beta that before I jump in it.

Anyone else tackle this?

· Registered
59 Posts
The short answer is that you can't install widgets or apps. Yes, there is a menu to install from a APK, but it will not install. The RL has a very nice tablet complete with Android OS, but it has be dumbed down. It can only do the very limited things that Honda put on it.

· Premium Member
2019 RTL awd, MSM
6,973 Posts
You can run an "analog" speedo with the Torque app and a $13 OBDII bluetooth interface (along with android phone or tablet). Torque also has a "heads"up" mode so you can lay your phone/tablet on the dash and see the mirrored reflection in he windshield. Works best at night, but also may work during the day with dark window tint in the correct spot on the windshield.

· Registered
6 Posts
BUMP!! My first post. I know this is an old thread, but rather than start a-new, I thought I would ask if anyone has had any luck since 2016? I have a 4 day old 2020 RTL-E. I love it. I came from a 2018 Nissan Rogue which I could add widgets, but they mainly stunk. I got the HondaLink installed. It seems to be working ok. I can get my weather forecast. Hmmm, not fabulous, but I am a meteorologist, so if I could get radarscope, that would be great.
Seriously, I just want to know if there are things I can fill my screen with. Also, I just want to know stuff like that wallpaper idea - it seems to be a bit of a mystery. All the instructions I see are really old and the manual is incomplete and I can't get the starry wallpaper or any wallpaper to show up. But I love this truck. The obsidian blue pearl is magical.

So for those people like me with new Ridgelines that are searching for information on Widgets... what's new??

Thanks!!:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.