Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
So I have done a bunch of research and here is what I have found.

https://www.facebook.com/105808026147216/photos/a.913674598693884.1073741825.105808026147216/969354889792521/?type=1&theater

Those BFG T/A K02 265-60-18 tires will fit for sure with a 2" lift.

However there will be slight rubbing without the lift. User SeattleReign says "Love the new look. No lift... yet. Figured I would give the new rubber a try first and see how I feel. I removed the tube steps I used to have, rarely used them anyway. Looks better without them.

265/60-18 BFG TA KO2 - only needing slight mudflap trim on drivers side due to minor rubbing."

For 17" rims there are 2 options that I am interested in. The 245-70-17 and the 265-65-17.

Also http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/32-tires-wheels-suspensions/40321-bfg-all-terrain-t-245-70-17-a.html Apparently some owners are saying the 245-70-17 rub slightly only when on an incline and turning, where another guy says his don't (at 36 psi). The difference maybe that the older BFG all terain's were 30.6" where the K02's are 30.5".

Because I am reluctant to install a lift or do any modifications I am leaning towards buying new 17" rims and going with the BFG TA K02's 245-70-17. My tire guy at Honda says they won't rub and as I stated earlier they are .1" smaller in diameter than the previous BFG TA's. Worst case scenario there might have to be a slight trimming of the mudflap. I like the BFG TA K02's because they are a 10 ply tire and I drive a lot on gravel roads.

Any feed back would be great! Also I would consider Duratracs or General Grabbers but so far Im mostly into the BFG's.

·
Registered
144 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi

Yes I agree the 265/60/18 are generally to close without a lift or modifications. Unfortunately, there does not seem to be a good off road tire (6-10 ply) that will fit the 18" honda rims and not require modifications.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I think the best bet for you would be the terra grappler g2 255/55/18. I was thinking of this tire, but couldnt find to many reviews about this tire. I talked to the DT guys on this forum, and was told it is a good tire and has been improved. However, I couldn't find a review for it so I went for the Dynapro ATM

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think the best bet for you would be the terra grappler g2 255/55/18. I was thinking of this tire, but couldnt find to many reviews about this tire. I talked to the DT guys on this forum, and was told it is a good tire and has been improved. However, I couldn't find a review for it so I went for the Dynapro ATM
Hi

Ya, I looked at that tire as well, but its essentially rated as xl which is barely a step up from a standard car tire. I want an LT tire rated E preferably. For gravel roads that is proven to be the best bet. The terra grappler g2 does have a tire that would probably fit and fulfill my needs but again it's for a 17" rim LT245/70R17 E. So I may just buy new rims and keep the 18" rims for when I resell down the road.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I have the 265/60-18 BFG T/A KO2 on my Ridgeline. I love them. They had a very slight rub at full steering lock if there was any strut compression at all (turning too fast or hitting a bump). I could slow-roll at full lock with no rub however. After installing my Truxxx lift kit there is absolutely no rubbing and the truck IS FREAKING AWESOME!!!!! Just do it. You'll love it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just put the same tire's on my 13 Sport. I put the 2" Truxxx lift/leveling kit. Heard it rub once with the wheel turned left and the strut compressed. It sounded like it only rubbed the mud flap though. Perfect tire for this truck.

Attachments

·
Registered
338 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Will BFG T/A KO2's 265/60R18 fit without modifications?

Does anyone have this tire?

All-Terrain T/A KO2 | BFGoodrich Tires

I have looked through all the forums and I have not been able to find out if this tire will work (there are some 265/60R18 tires that do work)
I think a lot of us are in the same boat, Richard Ridgeline: looking for an AT tire that's has more puncture resistance than a SL tire, gives us the maximum lift possible, and doesn't rub. I've been on the search myself. I would definitely consider downsizing to a 17" rim and work with tire specs beginning from there. The biggest problem, as I see it, is adding so much unsprung weight to the vehicle. The BFGs weigh in at about 50lbs, which is way above OEM specs. I've tried to keep tire weight at or below 38 lbs. The Nitto 265/65R17 116T XLs are 38 lbs and, with the XL rating and the extra sidewall, I think they might do the trick. Diameter is 30.55. The NItto 265/60R18 114T XL weighs in at 38.4 lbss, is a 7 ply tire, and has a 30.5 diameter. The original Terra Grapplers at 255/60R18 112S XL weigh 41 lbs (too heavy I think), are an 8 ply tire, but diameter is 30 inches.

I think the best bet might be to get a 1.5 inch leveling kit and sacrifice a little on the tire diameter. Go to a 255/65/17, for instance.
Right now I'm looking at the new Cooper AT3-4S (30.16' diameter/36 lbs) in this size, but am still undecided.

Will follow this thread closely to see what others have to say.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts