Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Ridgeline
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2006 Odyssey died at 265,000 miles with nice OEM 16 inch alloy rims and new tires. Can I use those on a 2007 Ridgeline that has OEM 17 inch steel rims.

·
Registered
2019 RTL-T Forest Mist Metallic
548 Posts
You should consider load rating of the wheel, especially if you use your truck for hauling. Also smaller rims are usually used by combining them with larger tires so that the overall affect is to be close to the original tire diameter.
Smaller diameter is no big deal but will lower your vehicle and the speedometer will be a little bit off.
I don't know but I assume that 2 honda wheels from 1 year apart will have the same bolt pattern and if so then yes it is doable.
What are the tire sizes we are talking about?

·
Registered
2007 Ridgeline
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry. Meant to post this on the 1G thread.
You should consider load rating of the wheel, especially if you use your truck for hauling. Also smaller rims are usually used by combining them with larger tires so that the overall affect is to be close to the original tire diameter.
Smaller diameter is no big deal but will lower your vehicle and the speedometer will be a little bit off.
I don't know but I assume that 2 honda wheels from 1 year apart will have the same bolt pattern and if so then yes it is doable.
What are the tire sizes we are talking about?
Many thanks. That is helpful information. Tire size is 235/65/R16 on Odyssey and P245/65/R17 on Ridgeline.

·
Registered
2019 RTL-T Forest Mist Metallic
548 Posts
Sorry. Meant to post this on the 1G thread.

Many thanks. That is helpful information. Tire size is 235/65/R16 on Odyssey and P245/65/R17 on Ridgeline.
The Odessey tire is 1.5" smaller in diameter, and when your speedometer says 50, you will be going 47.5 mph.
That's a pretty big size difference, so it might just look bad besides the other things mentioned. Your truck will be 3/4 inch lower and the tires would just look small.

245/70/16 would match the OEM diameter.

·
Registered
2007 Ridgeline
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
478 Posts
This may or may not apply here, but sometimes going to a smaller rim may hit the brake caliper.

Reactions: Carsmak
1 - 8 of 8 Posts