Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems like this color option would be a no brainier since it seems very popular currently.

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E, Pacific Pewter
175 Posts
It just hit me what an oxymoron a color named "sonic" is...

·
Premium Member
2,561 Posts
I have mild red/green color blindness and have relied on the color names to identify some colors. In the last decade or more the names that some manufacturers of consumer products have little to no relationship to the actual color. I remember when my 87 Civics color was named Honda Beige Metalic. Not very fancy but descriptive.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have one dealer saying yes...USA option 2022 and another saying Canadia only. Anyone confirm. If Honda USA doesn't come up with a decent color pallet I'll just move on. About the only thing they've done right lately is the new red.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
I’ve heard of some creative types associating numbers with colors (three is yellow, in my mind). But this is the first time I’ve heard of sounds being associated with colors, or greys in this case. 👂

·
Registered
31 Posts
So to confirm in case someone stumbles onto this thread....Sonic Grey Pearl is for Canada only. Honda USA is stupid.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Dusk and dawn, grey is not a safe color, they do look good though. Bit like earth tones in house paint choice.
Exactly!! But at certain times of day, dawn, dusk, sun in face, snow, fog or any other obstacles falling out of the sky can cause visibility problems. Or old people, like me, w/poor eyesight who even on a good day need all the help they can get! Hence DRLs should be mandatory if your vehicle is not in park!

Okay, getting off soap box ..................

Sometimes I see only RED - lol Now where did I park my gray truck?

Gusto!

·
Registered
49 Posts
I had a Civic Type R in Sonic Grey Pearl (SGP) and I really liked the color. It is not the same as the flat grey seen on the Toyota Tacoma. SGP is pearlescent and shows different color highlights depending on the lighting. I would consider a 2022 SGP Black Edition or RTL-E if it's available in the US.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I had a Civic Type R in Sonic Grey Pearl (SGP) and I really liked the color. It is not the same as the flat grey seen on the Toyota Tacoma. SGP is pearlescent and shows different color highlights depending on the lighting. I would consider a 2022 SGP Black Edition or RTL-E if it's available in the US.
I'm going to wait until I see if its going to be an option. The BE would be a killer combo. Fingers crossed.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts