Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel I got burned on our last vehicle (Volvo) by paying MSRP. I really do not want to have it happen again. To all of the seasoned Honda owners....is this a normal occurence for Honda?? They seem to be able to have a large production if needed. Is this a scam?

·
Registered
152 Posts
You will be able to get below MSRP, but it may be a while (6-12months??). Really depends on how much demand there is for it and of course being a smart shopper. Honda does not like to over produce cars, they will build just enough to meet demand.

·
ROC Dealer Sponsor
5 Posts
honestly with these ridgelines to buy them right now msrp is a good deal maybe a year from now they might not be. It really is based of of supply and demand right now the demand is greater than the supply, and to be honest there ar some dealers trying to get $1000-3000 over the sticker price for them which is really obsene. But I suspect that these trucks will be similar to the Pilot when it first came out at my dealership we had a waiting list 2 years long...but I dont think that the ridgeline will be that drawn out. I do have a list of Ridgelines that are listed on the board that are in the MD-DE-VA-DC area if you are interested. 2 of which I am marking down $500 which really is a heck of a deal ask anyone.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Just do the math. If you wait 6 to 12 months to negotiate below list.... how many price increases may have gone thruogh in the interim.... just so you could feel good and end up possibly paying more than you would at today's list price.

·
Registered
23 Posts
BrianPowell said:
honestly with these ridgelines to buy them right now msrp is a good deal maybe a year from now they might not be. It really is based of of supply and demand right now the demand is greater than the supply, and to be honest there ar some dealers trying to get $1000-3000 over the sticker price for them which is really obsene. But I suspect that these trucks will be similar to the Pilot when it first came out at my dealership we had a waiting list 2 years long...but I dont think that the ridgeline will be that drawn out. I do have a list of Ridgelines that are listed on the board that are in the MD-DE-VA-DC area if you are interested. 2 of which I am marking down $500 which really is a heck of a deal ask anyone.
What are the 2 you have marked down $500? Color and model? How many miles?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I agree that it'll be about a year before you can negotiate below MSRP. Judging from the experience of Element owners on the elemenownersclub.com (shout out to T Mac!), next year you'll probably be able to negotiate the price down, maybe as much as invoice.

The main thing is to stick to your guns and don't let the salesperson talk you out of the price you want to pay.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The dealer I am talking to right now is about to give me an offer...I'll keep you informed. He seems to be selling below MSRP-I will see. How far are you from Philly? How much of a hassle is buying a car out of state?

thanks

·
Registered
30 Posts
Oh, another thing, go to this website: www.carbuyingtips.com. The information is invaluable and I used it to buy my Element at MSRP, with all the options (painted rear spoiler, security system, and roof rack) and destination charge for free. I saved a little over $2000 with the tips on the website. Good luck with your purchase!

·
Registered
23 Posts
maybearidge said:
The dealer I am talking to right now is about to give me an offer...I'll keep you informed. He seems to be selling below MSRP-I will see. How far are you from Philly? How much of a hassle is buying a car out of state?

thanks
Let me know if you get a quote below MSRP - I'm from Philly so I'd like to use the dealership.

Thanks,

George

·
Registered
17 Posts
I live in New Orleans, and every dealer received 3-4 Ridgelines. As far as I know, only 1-2 have been sold. Not per dealer, but in total. I think that the top of the line Ridgeline should max out at ~$31,000-32,000. This price seems more realistic. I think I am going to just wait it out. At MSRP, these trucks are not moving off the lots in my area.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Dicky243,

Amen, to that. The dealers have greeded themselves out of the market. Even if the one I want comes in today, you better believe I want some deal.
My nearest dealer has sold 1 of 3 that came in on Feb 26th.

dicky243 said:
I live in New Orleans, and every dealer received 3-4 Ridgelines. As far as I know, only 1-2 have been sold. Not per dealer, but in total. I think that the top of the line Ridgeline should max out at ~$31,000-32,000. This price seems more realistic. I think I am going to just wait it out. At MSRP, these trucks are not moving off the lots in my area.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah...I noticed that too. They seem to be hyping them when you are at the dealer but there are still the same ones at my dealer for the last 2 weeks. I'll wait, unless somebody gives me a good deal, like the dealer from MD who is working up an offer for me...but he is trying to stick to MSRP. Like I said to him, is no profit better than some profit??

I will see.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Maybearidge,

Nothing wrong with MSRP, if you get fair trade-in, and good deal on accessories, it when they want it all! :eek:

maybearidge said:
yeah...I noticed that too. They seem to be hyping them when you are at the dealer but there are still the same ones at my dealer for the last 2 weeks. I'll wait, unless somebody gives me a good deal, like the dealer from MD who is working up an offer for me...but he is trying to stick to MSRP. Like I said to him, is no profit better than some profit??

I will see.

·
Registered
30 Posts
The dealer will make money even if you negotiated down to invoice, so don't worry about them! And a trade-in is just more money for them down the road . . . they're fooling you into thinking you're saving money with the trade-in.

On the carbuyingtips website, you can download a spreadsheet that will calculate for you exactly how much you should be paying for your purchase. You just need to fill in information, like destination charge, invoice of the vehicle, option prices, how much profit you want to allow the dealer to make (read thee last one again!), etc. Bottom line: you're in control, not them. Don't let them fool you into thinking MSRP (or a little below) is a deal.

I'll get off my soapbox now. ;)

·
Registered
200 Posts
Maybearidge,

Exactly, that why I say tey have to deal on the other stuff, seems a lot of guys are getting accessories thrown in, that I can deal with. I don't mean 1 free set of splash guards either, I want roof racks, running board, and no install for tonneau cover.

Or I can wait, dealing is not far off, they are not flying off the lots.

maybearidge said:
Delphi-

Do you get 3-4K for a few hours of work? I don't. Why should they...because we are idiots and pay it

1 - 20 of 32 Posts