Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking, since this car/truck is the best I've read about. I think it would be amazing if it had a version of itself as an SUV. More passenger seating in a heavenly ride doesn't sound bad huh?

I'm just wondering if anyone thinks they'll make one soon because I might wait to get my FIRST car. Yeah, I'm a new driver and my family needs a big car.

The Ridgeline is the safest and most reasonable but the SUV would suit us better. Unless the Street Version Ridgeline comes out soon for a reasonable price. :)

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
The Pilot is going to be completely redesigned, I believe for 2007.

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
Hi, thinkinblue. I can tell you're my kind of person. BLUE is awesome.

Get to a Honda dealer and check this vehicle out. I don't know how many passengers you need to haul, but if it's five adults or four passengers of the smaller size, this is the vehicle for you. You don't have to wait. It's a great sport utility truck.

Welcome to the forum and swing by to get to know us on this thread:

http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2743

·
Registered
236 Posts
We have both a 2006 Ridgeline and a 2006 Pilot. They are both awesome vehicles. I think they both ride very similar so if you are looking for an SUV, I'd go for the Pilot.

My company was going to get me a Pilot I found out after we had pretty much decided ot get a Pilot for our personal use. I looked into the Ridgeline and drove it and fell in love with it. I asked to get the Ridgeline for my vehicle and it all worked out for me. After riding in both, I would not have been unhappy with the Pilot but I didn't really want 2 of them at home. I'd do both of them all over again (and probably will someday).

Go out and test drive them both and then you will have a real hard time deciding.

RidgeInTheVille

·
Registered
479 Posts
I hope not. The SUV version of this 'truck' is the Pilot (unless that's not big enough for you). I for one don't want them (Honda) clouding the water by doing what evryone else does. I just don't see a reason for turning Honda's first (and long awaited) truck into another damn SUV.:p It's a TRUCK, Finally from Honda.........now Leave it as a truck!

That being said, I am sure there are some great features on the RL that may make it into the next generation Pilot.

But dammit, leave the Ridgeline a TRUCK! It's already suffering an identity crisis as is from the Bubba Truck Lovers!

No ofense intended. Just my opinion. I think there are enough SUV's on the road.

·
Registered
774 Posts
I totally agree.

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
I sure hope thatthey do not make an SUV version. As a truck, the Ridgeline is unique. As an SUV, it would get lost in the crowd.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
The only thing that makes sense to carry over would be the unibody on frame construction, if only to just make a great vehicle greater. My wife loves her Pilot. 63K and counting.

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
The new 06 Pilot is the SUV version. Very nice car with very similar running gear.:)

·
Registered
207 Posts
I would love to have a nice, big SUV. And since Honda already has the platform for it (Ridgeline, NOT the Pilot), go for it! Build it, and they will BUY IT! I sure would...sooner or later.
I did not go for the Pilot because it is smaller...by a bunch! Just look at where the rear doors end....

Maybe a V8 with that displacement on demand business.

Who knows...something big and burly, but with the same ride characteristics of the RL.
George

·
Registered
774 Posts
You know I gotta tell ya I like the Pilot. The ride is not as good as the ridge but the confort is equal.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The Pilot is a nice car but Honda should make a bigger SUV. The Pilot is small but very fuel efficient compared to other, bigger SUV's.

The Ridgeline is a great looking truck but I just think it can take over since more people would buy the SUV version since more families are buying SUV's. (Then again, gas prices are up)

Everywhere I look, 4/5 SUV's are being driven by women, moms. I think the Ridgeline would be perfect for bringing kids to school/sports and moms will have an easier, better time driving the Ridgeline.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Please ignor Honda.........

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
bonerep said:
You know I gotta tell ya I like the Pilot. The ride is not as good as the ridge but the confort is equal.
Interesting. I feel exactly the opposite. Our Pilot rides much nicer than the Ridgeline with equal load. The steering is tighter and has higher effort. The acceleration and stopping power isn't as good as the Ridgeline, but this is a 2003 Pilot I'm comparing it to, and the Pilot gets 3-5 better mpg.

I guess there's someone out there that would want an SUV that's bigger than the Pilot, but I'm not one of them. Ours seats 7 comfortably, 8 in a pinch. For the four of us, we can haul a week's worth of vacation junk without a cartopper or trailer by just lowering the rear seat. The RES with headphones makes long trips quiet. I can actually talk to my wife without screaming.

L

·
0 Posts
I'm a Mom/Taxi and I love the Ridgeline because I have the best of both worlds. I have the comfort of an SUV and the versatility of a truck. If I owned a Pilot or other SUV, I WOULD NOT put Drew's bike in the back. With the Ridgeline I can. I don't hesitate for a minute.
Just one example of many. :D

·
Registered
626 Posts
I agree with others on here -- if you want the SUV, get the Pilot. It's a great car.

Considering how hard it has been for Honda to break into the market with this truck, with oil prices on the rise and the environment going to pot, I doubt seriously that automakers will continue to make large, gas-guzzling vehicles. Whether it's through regulation or through common sense, things will have to change. Mind you, I say this having owned and loved my 2001 Insight for over 2 years. More hybrids!! :D

(Now, a hybrid version of the Pilot, *that* has potential... Lexus has made the first hybrid SUV -- 33 city/28 hwy (FWD), 31city/27 hwy (AWD) -- excellent!! :D )

1 - 20 of 21 Posts