Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a set of takeoff wheels and tires I like and was wondering if you guys know if they will fit? Also, I assume the tmps would need some kind of reprogramming? How to? Or is dealership or tire store the answer??

Thanks

·
Registered
128 Posts
The 2016 Pilot uses 8 x18 ET55 Offset Rim ; 245/60/18 tire
It also uses the 8 x20 ET55 Rim. 245/50/20 tire (on the Pilot Elite).
The bolt pattern is 5 x 120 for both.
I must say that the 55mm offset for the Pilot Rim seems a bit high. Check the rim, it should be stamped on the inside.

The 2008 Ridgline uses a 7.5 x 17 ET45 Rim, with a bolt patter of 5 x 120 with a 245/65/17 tire.

So to answer the question: will it fit?

as far as Bolt Pattern is concerned, YES that will fit.

as far as 18" and 20 " Tire size is concerned (assuming you are using the OEM pilot sizes).. YES, however, Tire is 10 mm closer to suspension/brakes components. Rim is 16 mm closer to suspension/brakes components. Make sure that you have enough room for that.

Aesthetically speaking the wheel will be further under the fender by 10mm (assuming the offset is indeed 55mm for the Pilot rim). When it comes time to replace the tires you could try 265/55/18 and that Aesthetically speaking will look the same.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Should have added more info, sorry.

Wheels are 18" and yes 245/60/18's

How hard are the tpms to reprogram?

·
Registered
128 Posts
I'm also assuming that I would need to change out the tpms sensors too???

I am not too savy on the TPMS but you could try the ones that are in the rim first before switching them out. Maybe you get lucky or someone else on here can help you out with that question.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Has anyone verified or tried the Pilot Rims yet? I am looking at getting the 2017 20" x 8" black rims and the offset is definitely 55mm and want to make sure it will not hit anything before buying them. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,265 Posts
Yes I have a set

·
Registered
2014 Sport
3,347 Posts
To be a bit clearer . . .

16 Pilot rims with stock size tires will fit. The 55mm offset brings the wheels in closer but not enough to cause rubbing.

TPMS sensors for the 17 and 18 GenII Ridgelines are NOT compatible with GenI sensors. I don't know 100% about the TPMS from a 16 pilot but I doubt that they are compatible.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,265 Posts
'16 Pilot TPMS will now work either, would work fine on a '17-'18 G2

1 - 10 of 10 Posts