Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had a successful fix from a dealer? I have the noise from the drivers side...passenger side is quiet....Just wondering if a TSB has been issued for a true fix?

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Mine has been in 2x now and is no better. I can deal with it until Honda actually has a resolution, don't let them convince you the the EPT foam is a fix (wasted 2 days on this one).

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
mayfielh said:
Mine has been in 2x now and is no better. I can deal with it until Honda actually has a resolution, don't let them convince you the the EPT foam is a fix (wasted 2 days on this one).
In short, last call I got last Friday, Honda is doing wind tunnel tests trying to figure out what's going on.

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
It is nice to hear that Honda is taking this problem seriously.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
In a sense...so am I......and it sounds like many others are doing "wind tunnel" testing everyday....It doesn't take a "wind tunnel engineer" to tell us there is trouble in Ridgeville...and I expect Honda to fix it...don't you ??

·
Registered
491 Posts
I have an appointment with my dealer Friday for a test ride. Honda asked me to bring it to the dealer to check...I'm not letting them touch it yet

·
Registered
119 Posts
How many?

So how many have this "wind" problem?

Mine does not (knock on wood) and the four (4) I test drove prior to my purchase did not have the problem.

The survey says seven (7) with one (1) that has been fixed.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
To those that are affected...it is a big deal. The wind noise is relentless on "cross wind" days and you find your self focusing on it more and more. I am very frustrated that the fix is slow to happen. The wind noise issue has been talked about for several weeks on multiple threads...see above and read the frustration. The noise is consistently frustrating for a vehicle in this price range. All my vehicles are from Honda Motor Company...An Acura RSX, a Honda Civic and the Ridge.......come on Honda...get it in gear and get this fixed......new buyers beware...you get windnoise....some are not affected and some are ....I would think this wind noise thing could be driving off potential buyers....Who would order a Ridgeline with the chance that they would get a "wind noise" Ridge....I know I wouldn't. Step up Honda....now is the time!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Just back from my first lengthly trip. Up to this point has not noticed a problem (wind noise) but I certainly did on this trip - specifically from the drivers side. Please keep this site in the loop re progress from Honda. I am apprehensive about having the dealer pulling my window / door apart before they know what they are looking for.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Here's a fix: http://www.lemonauto.com/lemonlaw_virginia.htm I think that Honda has a problem and needs to move to a solution. The wind noise affects a number of vehicles, including mine. I will likely end up making one more trip to a honda repair shop before I escalate this consistent with the lemon law. I don't think they have a fix and they are trying to buy time. At least in Virginia they have 3 attempts at repair before this moves to the courts. Given the volume of complaints, I doubt that Honda will have much luck in their defense against what is clearly a defect.

I like the Ridgeline design and functionality a lot but am not willing to invest more hours of hassle into the vehicle. The dealer service I have gotten has been poor and I have wasted a lot of time trying to get this resolved. This is unacceptable.

·
Registered
200 Posts
rgfcpq,

From what I have read here honda is taking this very serious, and searching for the cause, but since not all Ridgelines have the problem, I am sure that makes the search harder. Myself I have 1200 miles on mine, and have not heard anything that sounds what those with the problem are hearing.
One thing that those with wind noise might want to do do is post the last 5 digits of the VIN, which I believe is the buils number. That might help, in that it could show they are all built arount the same time, maybe a new guy started that day, and did not put his bit in right. It would also help others to know which ones need a seriuous test drive.

Have you called America Honda, or only spoken with the dealer? if you have not called, I would suggest you call, or write them, don't rely on the dealer, they know less about these trucks than we do.

rgfcpq said:
Here's a fix: http://www.lemonauto.com/lemonlaw_virginia.htm I think that Honda has a problem and needs to move to a solution. The wind noise affects a number of vehicles, including mine. I will likely end up making one more trip to a honda repair shop before I escalate this consistent with the lemon law. I don't think they have a fix and they are trying to buy time. At least in Virginia they have 3 attempts at repair before this moves to the courts. Given the volume of complaints, I doubt that Honda will have much luck in their defense against what is clearly a defect.

I like the Ridgeline design and functionality a lot but am not willing to invest more hours of hassle into the vehicle. The dealer service I have gotten has been poor and I have wasted a lot of time trying to get this resolved. This is unacceptable.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
VIN# 02435...That's my Vin#..

I was just looking at my truck..and the trim of the windshield is about 1/4 inch below the beginning of the roof...on the driver's side and even on the passenger side where I don't have noise....I will try to post a picture...my description may not be clear...a picture is worth a 1000 words....it may be something????....

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
That looks exactly like mine. A sufferer of Wind Noise and a Leak.

I pointed that gap out to the Dealership but then looked at the Pilot and it has the same gap with no wind noise.

I am really leaning toward a defective windshield or bad seal.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts