Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2019 RT Ridgeline ~ Luna Silver
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm pretty sure i'm not the only one that hears wind noise from the driver door...
Its not terrible, but its enough that I listen for it sometimes while driving.

I finally ordered the Honda EPT Sealer to give it a try...Fixed!

I followed the instructions in the youtube video for fixing the Honda Accord...same for the 19 Ridgeline.

Really no more difficult than installing the rear door checks.

Roll down window...remove window gasket...trim EPT sealer...apply...reinstall.
I applied mine all the way around the window..front, top, back.
I took a drive at 55 and on the interstate at 70...silent!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,463 Posts
That looks like a nice modification with desireable results.

Reactions: YetiXing

·
Premium Member
3,990 Posts
Cool! Let us know how it holds up over time!

I don't hear much wind noise, even up to 70mph and beyond, unless there is a crosswind (which happens more often than not, here on the plains). I wonder if this mod would quiet down those crosswinds?

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool! Let us know how it holds up over time!

I don't hear much wind noise, even up to 70mph and beyond, unless there is a crosswind (which happens more often than not, here on the plains). I wonder if this mod would quiet down those crosswinds?
? Not sure... Mine wasnt terrible, i bought the tape about a month ago, just been too busy to try it. I was reading something on the RL fb page and people were complaining about the wind noise..so I decided to give it a shot...

·
Registered
82 Posts
I'm pretty sure i'm not the only one that hears wind noise from the driver door...
Its not terrible, but its enough that I listen for it sometimes while driving.

I finally ordered the Honda EPT Sealer to give it a try...Fixed!

I followed the instructions in the youtube video for fixing the Honda Accord...same for the 19 Ridgeline.

Really no more difficult than installing the rear door checks.

Roll down window...remove window gasket...trim EPT sealer...apply...reinstall.
I applied mine all the way around the window..front, top, back.
I took a drive at 55 and on the interstate at 70...silent!
So you cut and applied 3 lengths of sealer where you have the red lines? (Inner channel, inner side and outer side)

Does the window have any difficulty closing fully or any signs it’s too tight?

I have noise too and would like to try this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would say watch the video to understand it best.

You pull out the window seal as he shows you. And there is about a 1/4 gap where the foam is applied. I cut 3/16 strips. Then pop right back in. It fills a void. Window works fine. No affect on track or gap.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Anyone notice if this is typical for both front doors, or just the driver's side? Just wondering if it would be worth the extra effort to do all 4 doors...

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I couldn’t hear anything on the passenger side. But I’ve never sat on that side.
My wife’s cx9 has always made air noise on the passenger door only. Going to try some on that car also.
drivers door is quiet.

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Ordered mine today. Been having wind noise for couple years now so I hope this helps.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Had terrible wind noise on our 16 Accord when we got it. Took it back to the Dealer and they replaced the door seals and window seals as well. Nice and quiet now. Did a 500 mile round trip in my 19 RL yesterday and did not notice any wind noise at all. May keep this tip in my back pocket if I start to hear it down the road.

Reactions: YetiXing

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Had terrible wind noise on our 16 Accord when we got it. Took it back to the Dealer and they replaced the door seals and window seals as well. Nice and quiet now. Did a 500 mile round trip in my 19 RL yesterday and did not notice any wind noise at all. May keep this tip in my back pocket if I start to hear it down the road.
Yea, mine wasnt bad..just a little wind noise. Couldnt really tell where is was coming from...and figured the dealer would say, "I dont hear anything". So i took a stab at it...so far so good. :)

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
13 Posts
Phew I thought I was the only one that had this problem. I took my 19 rtf-e to the dealer and they said that my car is more quiet than the the ridgelines on the lot and that there was nothing else that they could do.. Glad to see an simple fix.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Don’t really notice any wind noise on my 2019 Sport when the windows are closed but, when the diver side window is down I get a vibrating, thumping sound at speed and I have to close the window. It’s like the acoustic vibration makes my head feel like it will explode🥴. What’s up with that?

·
Premium Member
3,990 Posts
Don’t really notice any wind noise on my 2019 Sport when the windows are closed but, when the diver side window is down I get a vibrating, thumping sound at speed and I have to close the window. It’s like the acoustic vibration makes my head feel like it will explode🥴. What’s up with that?
That's the Helmholtz resonance. It seems to be more pronounced on vehicles that are more aerodynamically efficient.

·
Registered
69 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Cool fix, not too difficult. For those with 19's and 20's why not get this fixed under warranty though? Or is anyone with 20's having this issue?

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Cool fix, not too difficult. For those with 19's and 20's why not get this fixed under warranty though? Or is anyone with 20's having this issue?
Didn’t feel like dealing w the dealership. Most people that complain get the run around. Not sure if this is an official fix. But it works. Just took the easy road....

·
Registered
21 Posts
Within first week of getting my 19 RL, I noticed if I opened second row windows at high speed, there were low frequency sound pounding my ear drums. I think it is the noise canceling system messed up by wind noise. Yours may be similar.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts