Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Within first week of getting my 19 RL, I noticed if I opened second row windows at high speed, there were low frequency sound pounding my ear drums. I think it is the noise canceling system messed up by wind noise. Yours may be similar.
This is an air pressure effect, which I forget the name of, but it's pretty universal on vehicles that are designed to be aerodynamic for fuel efficiency. You just need to open more windows to allow pressure to escape easier.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Cool fix, not too difficult. For those with 19's and 20's why not get this fixed under warranty though? Or is anyone with 20's having this issue?
I have a ‘20 E, and haven’t noticed any wind noise at higher speeds. The truck is quieter than our 18 Escape.

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
Cool fix, not too difficult. For those with 19's and 20's why not get this fixed under warranty though? Or is anyone with 20's having this issue?
Dealership won't fix it because it's not a missing part...just bad design/engineering on Honda's part. I tried.

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
I'm pretty sure i'm not the only one that hears wind noise from the driver door...
Its not terrible, but its enough that I listen for it sometimes while driving.

I finally ordered the Honda EPT Sealer to give it a try...Fixed!

I followed the instructions in the youtube video for fixing the Honda Accord...same for the 19 Ridgeline.

Really no more difficult than installing the rear door checks.

Roll down window...remove window gasket...trim EPT sealer...apply...reinstall.
I applied mine all the way around the window..front, top, back.
I took a drive at 55 and on the interstate at 70...silent!
Thank you for posting this. I just got the sealer and am going to give it a try.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I purchased my Ridgeline in another city from where I live. About a 100 miles away...all highway miles. The first thing I noticed was the wind noise on the drive back. My first reaction was to hit the switch because I thought the window wasn't all the way up. I still hear it when I don't have the radio on, and the cabin is quiet. I always assumed it was a seal issue, but since it didn't leak, I wasn't overly concerned with it. Nice to see a simple fix.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts