Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Ridgeline has way to much wind noise, almost to the point I'm ready to sell. Its a 2013, no damage. Is there anyway to improve the weather stripping to stop the noise.

·
Premium Member
11,315 Posts
Where do you think it is coming from? Some very early models did have some windshield seal problems. Even some issues with side windows.
Then there is the 'howl' that usually emanates from the rear of the cabin. Problems have been traced to the rear sliding window seal, the plastic section that incorporates the 3rd brake light and it not being fully seated. Even the slot that resides between the roof line and the plastic rear plastic piece can become a resonant cavity.
The trucks is pretty much a smoothed over brick going down the road, and some turbulence is normal. Plus, Hondas in general are notorious for road noise as well.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Do you have a roof rack?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks....The noise I'm talking about comes from the area where the door frame meets the body frame just above the front of the side windows. I can stick my fingertips in that area when driving and feel the air. I was hoping there might be an aftermarket weather seal or something. I'm going to try and put some silicone there, but doubt it will help much. The truck also has all the other noises, but I'll have to live with those.

·
Premium Member
11,315 Posts
You should not have to live with any of that on a such new model. I would certainly seek a dealer out for some remedy. They should be able to attach new WS which may fix the problem.
Other 'noises' should be traceable too. Going around the whole body and interior with a phillps driver is not a bad idea. You might be surprised finding screws that never hit home. It does mean carefully removing some plastic plugs to get to the screws.
If you are talking about mechanical noises, that would certainly be something the dealer should address also. Good luck, let us know what you find out.

·
Premium Member
2104 Honda Ridgeline SE
1,804 Posts

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
I agree with "take it to the dealer"..... but if you really need/want to do some detective work yourself first..... use some residue free (blue or green usually) masking tape & tape over the gap areas on the exterior (around your door for instance... and just get in another way). By trial & error you may be able to pin point where your wind noise is coming from.

Also FYI, there are many previous threads on this topic if you want to do some more research on prior experiences.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts