Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I don't know if I had that dreaded wind noise people are talking about or not but whatever strange or funny sounds I heard all around me are now gone. How? I simply took out my hearing aids!! No sound from anything whatsoever; even the radio at full blast is virtually silent!!!! Why did I not think of this sooner!!??

BTW, for people with normal hearing, what number volume setting do you use for the Ridgeline radio? I usually don't use my hearing aids when I do serious listening on the radio because all I hear with them driving is wind noise. I take my aids out and just crank up the volume but I know it is too loud for most people. Since I live alone I have no one to guide me in this regard. I don't want passengers to be blasted out so is like 10 a good number to put it at even though I personally can not hear it at that level without my aids?

L

·
0 Posts
shortspark said:
Well, I don't know if I had that dreaded wind noise people are talking about or not but whatever strange or funny sounds I heard all around me are now gone. How? I simply took out my hearing aids!! No sound from anything whatsoever; even the radio at full blast is virtually silent!!!! Why did I not think of this sooner!!??

BTW, for people with normal hearing, what number volume setting do you use for the Ridgeline radio? I usually don't use my hearing aids when I do serious listening on the radio because all I hear with them driving is wind noise. I take my aids out and just crank up the volume but I know it is too loud for most people. Since I live alone I have no one to guide me in this regard. I don't want passengers to be blasted out so is like 10 a good number to put it at even though I personally can not hear it at that level without my aids?

Hey shortspark. Todd and I usually have it anywhere from 8 to 12, so you're in the ballpark with 10.
If it's a really good song, I usually crank it up to 24.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I do have some noise from time to time, but have to keep reminding myself that this is a TRUCK and noise is normal. Inside it feels like a SUV and rides well but it is a truck. So those little annoying noises I dismiss and enjoy the quality of owning a HONDA Truck.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I usually set mine at 6-8 in town and 8-12 on the highway (large variance of road types here).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts