Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a 2020 RTL-E at one dealership. Had them install sports grill along with other add-ons. After installation I noticed wind noise that I thought was coming from the door. I took it to another (closer) dealership to check it out and they think it's the sports grill causing it. They don't have a fix at the moment for it.

Anyone else have a sports grill with no issues?

·
Premium Member
4,588 Posts
Try some painter's tape around the grill, or around the windows, to try and isolate the noise. Many have had wind noise around the seals on the windows, or even loose trim around the doors.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think its either loose trim on the door or the grille. But they are ordering me another grille and reinstalling at the closer dealership. We'll see how that pans out. I'm thinking it was just a faulty install.

Thanks for the suggestions.

·
Registered
766 Posts
I think its either loose trim on the door or the grille. But they are ordering me another grille and reinstalling at the closer dealership. We'll see how that pans out. I'm thinking it was just a faulty install.

Thanks for the suggestions.
If you press on the grille does it move? I think on another thread/post the grille was missing the backing plastic that goes in the back and it locks it in under the headlights section.

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E Obsidian Blue Pearl
192 Posts
I purchased a 2020 RTL-E at one dealership. Had them install sports grill along with other add-ons. After installation I noticed wind noise that I thought was coming from the door. I took it to another (closer) dealership to check it out and they think it's the sports grill causing it. They don't have a fix at the moment for it. Anyone else have a sports grill with no issues?
Is that rattle around the door kind of a fluttering sound, at speeds over about 40? Is it inconsistent depending on outside wind speed and direction?

I don't have a sports grille, but I had a similar rattle from both front door areas diagnosed as loose clips on a front catchment panel, which sits behind the front air dam and is related to the grille and hood subsystem. Fixed in one hour.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Perfect. I'll let them know when I go in that can be the issue. Its less a rattle and more a high pitch whistle or "wind noise." But it definitely does it around 35-40+ mph.

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E Obsidian Blue Pearl
192 Posts
Perfect. I'll let them know when I go in that can be the issue. Its less a rattle and more a high pitch whistle or "wind noise." But it definitely does it around 35-40+ mph.
Sometimes rattle noises in one location can carry off into other areas of the vehicle you wouldn't expect. I initially thought it was weather stripping or front mud flaps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts