Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OKAY so IDK what the hell happened with my original post but that was not what I meant to say

Im having an issue.
my master switch on my driver front door lowers and raises the front windows fine, lowers the driver side rear but i cant bring it back up, and does nothing for the passenger side rear or the back sliding window.

The driver side rear door switch does not operate the window either way up or down

I noticed when I remove the door for the purpose of speaker replacement, that the little black cover came off and the switch circuit board popped out. I replaced it and nothing seems to be getting better. did that break it?

I've been having so many issues with this truck that weren't an issue a week ago and I only bought the vehicle one week ago

correct me if I'm wrong, if the master switch doesn't work the windows that are effected and their respective door switches won't work either?

·
Premium Member
2010 RT - Bali Blue
3,762 Posts
What the heck did I just read?

From what I can gather, I would assume you need a new switch unit. You can get them from a dealer, or ebay. You could also find it elsewhere on the web.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ummm...what?

The master is called the master for a reason. Everything runs through it. Sounds like more then a black cover fell off or out.
It did fall out but I picked it up and replaced it but it stopped working then. just seems really odd to me

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I found out that on my master switch for the rear window a little white contact part fell out when that blue plug circuit board was pulled out of the mounting location that has since been replaced but the rear to window still don't work I'm wondering if the same thing happened on them. I'm assuming that the master switch operates the individual door switches and if they are not complete or working properly the master switch wouldn't work either. Correct me if I'm wrong I am still learning Hondas

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Will the rear door switches be the same on a odyssey or a pilot? is quite literally no other vehicles for me to pull a part from without paying $500 for the entire door

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
So I found out that on my master switch for the rear window a little white contact part fell out when that blue plug circuit board was pulled out of the mounting location that has since been replaced but the rear to window still don't work I'm wondering if the same thing happened on them. I'm assuming that the master switch operates the individual door switches and if they are not complete or working properly the master switch wouldn't work either. Correct me if I'm wrong I am still learning Hondas

If something is wrong with the MASTER switch. Then the rest of the windows will have issues. If the circuit board hit the ground it could have broken a connection in the board itself.

All the switches have little pads that when pushed down by the lever, they contact a little button switch or a little copper pad. If you take the switch apart and manualy hit those little buttons and it still does not work. The issue lies somewhere else.

·
Premium Member
2010 RT - Bali Blue
3,762 Posts
The master switch for all G1 trims and model years are the same; 35750-SJC-A04ZC is the part number. You can buy it new for $140. You can also look at reliable used market ones and they are in the prices of $60 to $80.

·
Super Moderator
5,373 Posts
Be glad you don't own a Subaru!! They are known for window switch failures.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If something is wrong with the MASTER switch. Then the rest of the windows will have issues. If the circuit board hit the ground it could have broken a connection in the board itself.

All the switches have little pads that when pushed down by the lever, they contact a little button switch or a little copper pad. If you take the switch apart and manualy hit those little buttons and it still does not work. The issue lies somewhere else.
It only happened when the door panels were taken off, the little white switch inside the actual switch is missing, it has contacts which move and operate. I already replaced the master switch and the rear doors still don't operate the windows so I'm 99% sure that

If door-X switch = broken
Then
Master switch CANNOT operate door-X

My key fob also is no longer working to remote lock.or unlock the vehicle

So maybe the master switch I tried was also broken?

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
That is kinda the only thing that could make since. I have had cars that had a bad slave switch but still operated through the master switch. But never the other way around that I remember. It has gotta be switch related. Highly doubt anything else like a bad motor etc could have appeared.

·
Administrator
14,976 Posts
Part of the "power window master switch" is a "door multiplex control unit".

When you operate the driver's power window switch, the DMCU outputs 12VDC directly to the window motor.

When you operate any other power window switch, the DMCU outputs 12VDC to "up" or "down" relays in the front passenger's, left rear, or right rear power window switches that in turn send 12VDC to the corresponding window motor.

The master power window switch can be completely missing and all other windows should continue to operate their corresponding windows.

Based on preliminary information, it appears you have a faulty power window master switch and one or more faulty switches for other windows (and maybe some blown fuses).

Also, the keyless receiver is built into the power window master switch. You may need to program your remotes to a different power windows master switch.

·
Registered
34 Posts
OKAY so IDK what the hell happened with my original post but that was not what I meant to say

Im having an issue.
my master switch on my driver front door lowers and raises the front windows fine, lowers the driver side rear but i cant bring it back up, and does nothing for the passenger side rear or the back sliding window.

The driver side rear door switch does not operate the window either way up or down

I noticed when I remove the door for the purpose of speaker replacement, that the little black cover came off and the switch circuit board popped out. I replaced it and nothing seems to be getting better. did that break it?

I've been having so many issues with this truck that weren't an issue a week ago and I only bought the vehicle one week ago

correct me if I'm wrong, if the master switch doesn't work the windows that are effected and their respective door switches won't work either?
I did the same thing trying to get my armrest off but it was my back glass window switch. I saw the little circuit board fall out from the little black box ant thought, uh oh! What I didn’t see fall out was the little slide contact thing that gets slid back and forth across it as you pull or push on the window switch. I found that later laying in between the insulation and the door panel. If you have that part, look for the wear marks to know what side contacts the switch. I know it’s not the same switch but hoping it might help.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I just did a quick search on ebay and found master switches for $40. It seems like there are lots of them available too on ebay.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts