Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Here in NC, 35% is maximum allowed. Unfortunately, if we use 35% tint, final visible light transmission ends up being around 30% due to the very slight tint of the factory glass. I went with 50% 3M Color Stable on front, and 20% on the rear. Really wish fronts were darker but didn't feel like dealing with finding a shady inspection guy or getting hassled by the cops. Since the rear factory tint was already pretty dark, the back windows are super dark (from the outside) with the 20% laid on top. It's a little harder to see out at night, but not an issue for me. Really awesome in the rear since I have the woman and kiddo riding back there all the time.
Gotta admit this photo is a bit deceiving as I took it on a pretty overcast day just an hour or two before sundown.
Definitely helped with heat rejection too.

·
Registered
652 Posts
While on our first road trip with our Ridgeline we took it into local shop in Montana to get the front windows done. I do not remember exactly what percentage,( we just instructed to match the existing rear windows), and it made a very noticeable difference with interior temps.

Bill

1 - 6 of 6 Posts