Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Press unlock once then press unlock again and continue to hold it down. All windows including the moonroof will open. Rear sliding window will not open with the key fob. To roll up windows with the the key fob, you have you to remove the key from the fob and place it into the driver's side lock and hold it in the lock position.

·
Registered
182 Posts
is there a trick to put them all back up via fob? you can put them all back up, but it requires sticking the key into the drivers side lock and do the turn and hold trick. I'd love to be able to crack the windows to let heat out and put them back up in the event a rain cloud moves in :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Closing from the fob would be fantastic if anyone knows how this is possible!

Sadly I suspect manufacturers do not / are not allowed to offer this option for safety reasons.

Closing remotely (potentially being out of view of the vehicle and closing windows) may pose a danger to small children ( think of 2, 3, 4 year olds), pets, obstacles (lumber/objects sticking out a window).

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Closing from the fob would be fantastic if anyone knows how this is possible!

Sadly I suspect manufacturers do not / are not allowed to offer this option for safety reasons.

Closing remotely (potentially being out of view of the vehicle and closing windows) may pose a danger to small children ( think of 2, 3, 4 year olds), pets, obstacles (lumber/objects sticking out a window).
Even though the windows wont close with something in the way..I do believe you are correct..as a "just in case" scenario.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Ha! just in case someone leaves their 2-3-4 year old in the car unattended in the 100 degree heat.... more and more imbeciles these days are leaving their kid(s) in the car. :(

Reactions: Shineaholic

·
Read Only
2017 Rtlt
0 Posts
I've had my Ridgeline since April has anybody ever noticed that once in awhile when you park your truck and get out of your car and turn back and your windows are cracked a little bit or maybe they go down half way.... I think the remote is a little buggy when it comes to the windows because sometimes they go down and I don't even hit the button anybody ever experienced this?

·
Administrator
23,195 Posts
This has been reported here several times over the years on both the first and second generation Ridgelines. It happens with other Honda models as well. The most logical conclusion is that the UNLOCK button on one of the remotes is being inadvertently depressed. Less likely is a faulty remote that is pressing the unlock buttons itself. Even less likely is a fault within the truck that is rolling the windows down.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
I've not had the issue you described happen... although once I had extra keys in my pocket and I accidentally set off the panic alarm button. I was like what's that sound? Took me a minute to realize it was the truck. LOL

·
Registered
363 Posts
I have a lot in my pockets, and after coming out several times to the truck sitting in the pouring rain with all the windows down and the sunroof open, I've taken to a new habit of taking the keys out of my pocket the second I get home. It has not happened since. I'm positive the issue is stuff in your pockets pressing and holding the button. It's a pretty simple to activate pattern. Unlock, Unlock-hold. It's not like the starter which requires two different buttons to be pressed.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi all,

I've had my 2021 Ridgeline RTL for about a month now. Have been enjoying it very much. I'd like to know how to open the windows with the key fob. I've read the owner's manual and watched several YouTube videos.

I've tried:

Press/release 'Unlock', then pressing and holding 'Unlock' again. The doors unlock, but no response from the windows.

Press/release 'Lock', then, press/release 'Unlock', then pressing and holding 'Unlock' again. The doors unlock, but no response from the windows.

I've also tried using the key as shown in many videos. Does the 'use fob to lower windows' feature have to be enabled?

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated Thanks!

·
Administrator
23,195 Posts
Multiplex Integrated Control Unit - it's the "body computer" that, among other functions, receives a request to lower the windows from the Keyless Access/Tire Pressure Monitoring System Unit and relays that request to the Door Multiplex Control Unit which is built into the Power Window Master Switch on the driver's door.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Multiplex Integrated Control Unit - it's the "body computer" that, among other functions, receives a request to lower the windows from the Keyless Access/Tire Pressure Monitoring System Unit and relays that request to the Door Multiplex Control Unit which is built into the Power Window Master Switch on the driver's door.
Sounds too complicated to me. Will take my Ridgeline to dealer for help with my electrical issue.

·
Read Only
1,351 Posts
I'd try again, noting what Masonboswell says - it's really a double click in fast succession, but you need to keep it pressed on the second click.

You can also do the same with the physical key - insert it in the lock and twist to open, release then twist back to open and hold. I haven't actually tried this myself on the Ridgeline but it should work (did on my Pilot).

·
Registered
33 Posts
On the second press of unlock you have to hold it the whole time the windows are going down. They will stop when you release allowing you to just open them a bit if you want.
Thank you, Mason. The problem is that the windows don't lower at all. And I don't see anything in the configuration screens that would disable this feature. Remote start/shutdown works. I changed my settings to lock the tailgate/trunk. I've changed the door lock operation. Those features work fine. I'll see if anything else is amiss and bring the vehicle to the dealer at 1,000 miles or so and do as Zroger advised. I am also experiencing the vibrating/fluttery/shaky driver side mirror so I will have them take a look at that as well.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts