Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Administrator
23,171 Posts
Hmmm. I was hoping it didn't in which case there is a procedure you could have tried to reset the Power Window Control Unit, but if the auto up/down features works, that suggests the PWCU is working correctly and I still suspect a possible issue with either the MICU or KA/TPMS control unit. I don't think there's anything you can do.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hmmm. I was hoping it didn't in which case there is a procedure you could have tried to reset the Power Window Control Unit, but if the auto up/down features works, that suggests the PWCU is working correctly and I still suspect a possible issue with either the MICU or KA/TPMS control unit. I don't think there's anything you can do.
Out of curiosity, what is the power window reset procedure?
Also: Where are the MICU and KA/TPMS modules located? Would a disconnect/reconnect be worth a try?

·
Administrator
23,171 Posts
MICU under the driver-side dash. KA/TPMA inside dash above glove compartment.

Disconnecting battery or resetting PWCU could erase codes or history that might be assist the dealer in making a diagnosis, so I'd advise against that.

·
Registered
353 Posts
You can try this -- it's free! (but I don't know where I saw it, so it is likely for a diffferent make/model.)
Press unlock = driver door unlock.
Press again = all doors unlock.
Press 3rd time and hold = all windows down.
(Some features may have to first be enabled/allowed in your car's 'Settings' menu.)

·
Registered
33 Posts
You can try this -- it's free! (but I don't know where I saw it, so it is likely for a diffferent make/model.)
(Some features may have to first be enabled/allowed in your car's 'Settings' menu.)
Hi ToadVine - thanks for the suggestion, but that didn't work either. In any case, I appreciate your reply!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi ToadVine - unfortunately that didn't work - but thanks for the reply!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all,

I've had my 2021 Ridgeline RTL for about a month now. Have been enjoying it very much. I'd like to know how to open the windows with the key fob. I've read the owner's manual and watched several YouTube videos.

I've tried:

Press/release 'Unlock', then pressing and holding 'Unlock' again. The doors unlock, but no response from the windows.

Press/release 'Lock', then, press/release 'Unlock', then pressing and holding 'Unlock' again. The doors unlock, but no response from the windows.

I've also tried using the key as shown in many videos. Does the 'use fob to lower windows' feature have to be enabled?

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated Thanks!
Press and release the lock button, press unlock once and release press unlock again and hold til windows open.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Press and release the lock button, press unlock once and release press unlock again and hold til windows open.
Thanks for the reply, Curtis. I will try that sequence. I've only tried unlock, unlock/hold. However, I scanned the vehicle with my OBDII reader and it found a U0199 code. One for 'Lost communication with Power Window Module', one for 'Lost communication with P/W'. As Zroger advised I did not clear the codes. It only has 800 miles, I'll bring it to the dealer after 1,000 miles, as it also has an intermittent noise from the brakes (right front I think) at low speeds. A barely audible squeak. I'm thinking the brakes still need to 'break in' as I've driven the vehicle very gently so far. I can still see the cross-hatch marks on the rotors.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Update - brought my '21 RTL to the dealer - they reset one of the computers to address the remote 'windows down' issue. Also ordered a replacement L/S mirror (it flutters/shakes when driving) and a front left side window sill (misaligned. They also resurfaced the front rotors to address a noise issue I was experiencing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The feature Honda has that allows windows to be controlled by the remote is a poorly thought out feature. Just ask anyone who has come back to their car and it’s been flooded due to the windows and sun roof opening by accidentally activating the feature while the keys are in your pocket.This should be a feature that is selectable on the door menu and should be on or off by owners choice.You ownly have to have this happen once at the wrong time to really make you wonder why you bought a Honda.

·
Registered
65 Posts
What years allow you to do this? I know I can roll my 08s windows down from the lock cylinder, but can the windows be done remotely as well?

Not sure if Hondas are the same, but the feature on my Lexus's can be disabled if you choose not to have it by the dealer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The feature Honda has that allows windows to be controlled by the remote is a poorly thought out feature. Just ask anyone who has come back to their car and it’s been flooded due to the windows and sun roof opening by accidentally activating the feature while the keys are in your pocket.This should be a feature that is selectable on the door menu and should be on or off by owners choice.You ownly have to have this happen once at the wrong time to really make you wonder why you bought a Honda.
What years allow you to do this? I know I can roll my 08s windows down from the lock cylinder, but can the windows be done remotely as well?

Not sure if Hondas are the same, but the feature on my Lexus's can be disabled if you choose not to have it by the dealer.
I do not know how many years Honda has been doing this, my vehicle is a 2019, I checked with the service department at my Honda dealership and it is not something that can be disabled. I asked the service advisor if It was a problem and the look on his face suggested I was not the first person to question this feature. As of 2022 it is a function that can be selected on the door menu, giving the owner the option of using the feature or not. I-have owned the vehicle for 4 months and it did it, so I’m sure there are many more people that have had this happen.

·
Registered
52 Posts
That would be hard to do by accident, on a 2022 you have to press and then subsequently hold down the recessed "unlock" symbol on the fob for the windows to auto-open, I guess it could possibly happen but it would be super rare.

21 - 40 of 50 Posts