Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
2009 RTL has it. 13 years and I never had a negligent window discharge. I like the feature and make good use of it on hot parking lot days. Mine opens the windows but not the sun roof. Sure yours is Gen 1; that's where you posted?

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
My 2007 RTS has the window roll down. When doors are locked, hold down the unlock. Windows will go down as long as the button is held. But here we are 15 years down the road and I’ve never had a premature discharge…of the windows.

• Haha
Reactions: TerpLine

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
^Windows on Gen 1 go down on the second press and hold down of the unlock button. Same here though, no accidental roll downs after 15 years of ownership.

·
Registered
4 Posts
That would be hard to do by accident, on a 2022 you have to press and then subsequently hold down the recessed "unlock" symbol on the fob for the windows to auto-open, I guess it could possibly happen but it would be super rare.
At least you have the option of disabling this function if you choose, which is what Honda should have done on all previous years. It does happen to some of us for some reason, I’ve never won a lottery though🙁

·
Registered
4 Posts
Because of this post, I just discovered that my 2008 has this feature too!

Especially considering the fact that my Ridgeline is black and gets baked in the summer, this is awesome!
Your welcome, hope you never have the unpleasant experience of coming back to your car in a rain storm and your doors and sunroof are open, I guess you could say it’s “ water cooled” what a great feature.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Your welcome, hope you never have the unpleasant experience of coming back to your car in a rain storm and your doors and sunroof are open, I guess you could say it’s “ water cooled” what a great feature.
Of course (and it may have been mentioned) you can also roll up all windows (and close the sunroof) using the "valet" key hidden in the remote by holding the key in the door lock in the lock position briefly.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Of course (and it may have been mentioned) you can also roll up all windows (and close the sunroof) using the "valet" key hidden in the remote by holding the key in the door lock in the lock position briefly.
That doesn't even "remotely" address the problem, which is that the windows may get inadvertently rolled down without you knowing it, and there may be heavy rain before you become aware of it. Yes, if you hear it start to pour and look outside to see the windows down, being able to run out and roll them all up with the key in the lock could save you 5-10 seconds over jumping in the car, starting up, and rolling them up with the controls. Assuming you remember how to do it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
That doesn't even "remotely" address the problem, which is that the windows may get inadvertently rolled down without you knowing it, and there may be heavy rain before you become aware of it. Yes, if you hear it start to pour and look outside to see the windows down, being able to run out and roll them all up with the key in the lock could save you 5-10 seconds over jumping in the car, starting up, and rolling them up with the controls. Assuming you remember how to do it.
I didn’t say it did. It’s another feature I thought I’d mention.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts