Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Window Opens On It’s Own

I recently bought a 2018 Black Edition. I noticed on several occasions that the rear passenger window is open about 1/2” when I get into the vehicle. I know when I exited the vehicle all of the windows were all the way up. I’m not sure why or how this is rolling down. Has anyone heard of this and what is the fix. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Re: Window Opens On It’s Own

If you hold the Unlock button for a couple seconds ALL the windows and sunroof will open. If you let go of the button they stop. Could you be perseverating on the button either on purpose or accidentally?

·
Registered
53 Posts

I never had that problem BUT this one time my 2018 RTL was parked in my garage like it always is and when I was leaving I noticed that brake pedal was hard as if it was unable to move. I could not push it. Only after I started the engine somehow the brake pedal worked and then started to move but I don't know if this is just this one time or this problem is going to come back. Does anyone know anything about that? I'm sorry to be posting this here but I'm new and don't think I can post a new question just yet. If I do, would somebody please tell me how.

thank you and good luck with your issue.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts

I never had that problem BUT this one time my 2018 RTL was parked in my garage like it always is and when I was leaving I noticed that brake pedal was hard as if it was unable to move. I could not push it. Only after I started the engine somehow the brake pedal worked and then started to move but I don't know if this is just this one time or this problem is going to come back. Does anyone know anything about that? I'm sorry to be posting this here but I'm new and don't think I can post a new question just yet. If I do, would somebody please tell me how.

thank you and good luck with your issue.
Pretty normal. If the engine is not running there is no vacuum assist to the brake booster the pedal will be hard.

But to the OP.....possibly hitting the window down button sometime...or something is in the way of the window rolling up so it rolls down automatically a little...

·
Registered
247 Posts
Windows Go Down On Their Own

It’s happened to me a handful of times over the last 6 months.......I walk up to the locked truck with my keys in my pocket and as soon as it get to about where the doors would automatically unlock, all four windows drop a 1/2 inch. Sort of weird

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Re: Windows Go Down On Their Own

It’s happened to me a handful of times over the last 6 months.......I walk up to the locked truck with my keys in my pocket and as soon as it get to about where the doors would automatically unlock, all four windows drop a 1/2 inch. Sort of weird

Sure yiu didn’t program it that way? My daughter had an Accord she had programmed somehow to drop all of the windows and pop the sun roof.

What model do you have?

·
Registered
247 Posts

Sport model

This is with me standing outside of a locked truck without pressing any buttons on the fob

·
Registered
328 Posts

Your doors automatically unlock when you get close to the vehicle but don't touch anything (remote or vehicle itself)?

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
247 Posts

Your doors automatically unlock when you get close to the vehicle but don't touch anything (remote or vehicle itself)?

Think you people don’t understand what I’m writing, maybe I’m bad at articulating this........I walk up to a locked, not running G2 and when I get about one foot away each of the four windows drop a 1/2”. Yes the doors will unlock too as they’re supposed to, but not until the windows drop first. This has happened about 4 times now.

Didn’t realize what was happening a couple times and was wondering “why are all my windows cracked” as I started driving. Then I started paying attention and found out what was going on.

·
Registered
329 Posts

Think you people don’t understand what I’m writing, maybe I’m bad at articulating this........I walk up to a locked, not running G2 and when I get about one foot away each of the four windows drop a 1/2”. Yes the doors will unlock too as they’re supposed to, but not until the windows drop first. This has happened about 4 times now.

Didn’t realize what was happening a couple times and was wondering “why are all my windows cracked” as I started driving. Then I started paying attention and found out what was going on.

I own a 2018 Sport and do not think you can program one to do this.

·
Registered
328 Posts

Can't program my 2018 RTL-E to do that, either.

·
Premium Member
60 Posts

My doors only open on my 2017 BE when I touch the the inside of handle as I'm ready to pull on it to open doors. The windows will open when I hold the unlock button on fob for 5 or more seconds

·
Registered
1,080 Posts

Your truck must have demons then as there is nothing in the specifications for any model in the US or Canada that has touchless unlock and/or window drop on unlock. To unlock the truck you have to either push the unlock button on the fob, with the fob within range of the truck (300'?) or touch the inside of either front door handle with the fob within proximity range of that handle (21"). Neither has the auto-drop of the windows though.

Window drop is common on many vehicles, but usually those vehicles will be hardtops rather than sedans (no window frame) to make closing the door easier.

·
Registered
328 Posts

The only thing that comes close is long-press on second press of unlock on the remote, or key in driver's door move twice and hold to lock or unlock position.

·
Premium Member
212 Posts

My 2018 RTL-E does not unlock until I touch a door handle (or press the button on the fob). It will automatically lock when I walk away from the car.

The windows and sunroof will go down when I press and hold the unlock button.

There is no way to remotely raise the windows or close the sunroof.

·
Registered
433 Posts

There is no way to remotely raise the windows or close the sunroof.
Whoops - missed your “remotely” part. You are correct, sir.

BUT, for those that don’t know......... there is a way, but a bit of a PITA. Need to pull the key out of the fob, insert it into the driver side lock and turn. Right for up, Left for down or maybe visa-versa??

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
You have pushed and held in the fob unlock that rolls down all windows and sunroof. Try adjusting keys, looser jeans, or a service visit.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Install the cd that you revived with the truck into your computer. Within the manual there is a detailed description of how this function works and how to reprogram the remote. I had to do it as well.

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
No there’s not. At least on a 2017 RL. The CD, (that is not for vehicle use) is an electronic version of the Owners, Navigation, Tire Warranty, usual Honda contact info. CD player is not an option for 2018 RLs anyway. All this covers US and Canada model features and in many but not all cases distinguishes differences. The lock roll down hold by fob and manual key window control all are mentioned but there’s not an auto vent much less programmable. That supports my previous post so nice try, very funny maybe?. If you can find it on you CD, please tell us the year RL and manual page number, thanks.

·
Registered
247 Posts

Figured it out.

With the truck locked, Pres unlock once and let go, then press unlock again and hold it. Your windows will start going down and won’t stop going down until you let go of the unlock button.

1 - 20 of 103 Posts