Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

· Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Did anyone notice the split the windows in the new ridge?

Why do automakers do that? One full windows is much nicer.

Old cars had split window like that... so old looking.

Looking at other trucks, Ford, Dodge and Chevy understood. Is this a chinese thing or something? My sister's civic has a split windows too and I feel like i'm in a car from the 80's.

Attachments

· Premium Member
2019 RTL awd, MSM
6,933 Posts
I suspect the back window is split so that you are allowed to roll the windows down all the way without fear of kids jumping out from the seat. If they went all the way back, you might only be able to roll them down 2/3rd of the way for safety reasons. I'd rather have the split window in that case.

· Registered
971 Posts
Did anyone notice the split the windows in the new ridge?

Why do automakers do that? One full windows is much nicer.

Old cars had split window like that... so old looking.

Looking at other trucks, Ford, Dodge and Chevy understood. Is this a chinese thing or something? My sister's civic has a split windows too and I feel like i'm in a car from the 80's.
Ford has the split window as well, however ToyotaTundra has the nice full size window. I much prefer that style. In a fullsize they have a little more wiggle room for space to handle the casing but the midsize is tighter and more room is desired for passengers. From what I heard the split window was close to not happening. It's in now and a good decision even though it's small.

· Premium Member
2019 RTL awd, MSM
6,933 Posts
I remember the vent windows. Brings back memories of my dad using them to suck cigarette smoke out of the car.
Some of those provided nice ventilation. But they dropped MPG moreso than having the AC on, so that lead to their demise.

OTOH, I had a '67 Plymouth that had such good airflow through the dash vents (ram airflow) that AC was rarely needed. I don't know why none of the mfrs can design a vent system like that nowadays.

· Registered
296 Posts
OTOH, I had a '67 Plymouth that had such good airflow through the dash vents (ram airflow) that AC was rarely needed. I don't know why none of the mfrs can design a vent system like that nowadays.
Because there's no longer any room for that air to quickly be channelled into the cab, due to all the jackass-EPA stuff mandated on manufacturers. I used to own a '73 Datsun 240Z. Look at all the room available.... I could fit a small person in there:

Attachments

· Registered
636 Posts
I just noticed on one of the walk-around videos that the rear window (between cab and box) has the switch by the interior rearview mirror.

At first I thought that was a stupid place for the switch but where else are ya gonna put it?

Was there a similar window in the G1 RL?

· Registered
2014 Sport
4,393 Posts
I just noticed on one of the walk-around videos that the rear window (between cab and box) has the switch by the interior rearview mirror.

At first I thought that was a stupid place for the switch but where else are ya gonna put it?

Was there a similar window in the G1 RL?
Link a pic if you can . . .The switch to operate the center rear window on a GenI is next to the window control cluster on the drivers door "arm rest" area. Can't imagine it would be much different on a genII. You might have seen a rear defroster?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.