Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This my second Honda Ridgeline I owned . The first was a 2011 and now a 2013 . The exact same issues have occurred after the windshield was replaced. Excessive wind noise at 40 miles per hour. My 2011 had four windshields replaced in an attempt to resolve the Wind noise. The first three windows were OEM installed by Safelite Auto glass in New York. The last on was done by my Honda dealer recommendation and back with a Honda factory glass. The only problem was the frame holding the wndshield in place cracked and created water leaks. I traded the Truck in for the 2013. Hence, three years later and my 2013 Ridgeline windshield cracked for no apparent reason after a snow storm. This showed no pits at all just cracked across the bottom from passanger side to Drivers side . Hence, I should of just taking the truck to Honda instead of going through my insurance based on my past experiences with the 2011 . I didnt I went with my insurance companies recommendation back to Safelite and they replaced my windshield. Now I have the excessive wind noise all over again. I specifically, told the tech who installed the windsheid my past eperiences and he was confident it would not be a problem . It is and I am now at my wits end on how to resovle it as I am not in position to just trade in the truck. I want it fixed. Any suggestions or opinions on how to resoleve this anomilie would be very helpful. I even made sure the tech checked th COWL panel clips to insure they were not broken.

·
Registered
2014 Sport
3,340 Posts
I had my 06's OEM windshield replaced about 5 years ago. The replacement glass was Pilkington and I have not had any issues with wind noise. There were many threads on GenI windshield noise (from the OEM glass install) in the early years on this forum so you might want to search and read up on those.

One thing that you could do yourself is use some good painters tape (2" wide would be best) to cover over sections of the outer windshield seal to try and pin point the area of issue. None of the repair shops will want to take the time / effort to do this but you should be able locate the problem area(s) and at least know where the most attention needs to be focused on the redo.

Good luck!

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Going in to Safelite today for my 3rd windshield. I have only used Honda windshields, mostly because of the early posts on here. My Honda windshield is going to cost me $300 and change today. If I'd used the standard Pilkington it would have cost me just my deductible of $50.

I did have issues with Pilkington about 2 years ago when both drivers side were broken by prowlers on a trip to southern OR. One of those Pilkingtons had badly distorted glass.

·
Premium Member
2104 Honda Ridgeline SE
1,803 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts