Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have to get my windshield replaced on 19 RTL-E. The glass shop tells me they can do the calibration of cameras and sensors but my size 265 tires might make it out of spec. They told me to bring in truck with full tank of gas, no heavy contents in bed, etc. so it would be "factory level". I also have a Leer shell so wonder if that is concern.

Anybody out there gone through this with larger tires and presumably raises the truck height a bit? Hard to believe the sensors don't allow some variation. He thought it had to be within around 5mm.

·
Registered
108 Posts
My Subaru had to be recalibrated when the windshield was replaced (have not had the glass hit on my Ridgeline). For the Subaru the calibration is needed to adjust for the difference in glass thickness. A slightly different tire size will not impact the system as I understand it. over time tires wear and technical impact the height as does the suspension as it ages along with varying loads (typically impacts the rear but does change the angle).

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am glad to report it passed cal with no issues. He did say if too much weight in bed, it can tilt up front end enough to cause issues but my Leer shell was not enough to make a difference.

·
Administrator
22,702 Posts
Have to get my windshield replaced on 19 RTL-E. The glass shop tells me they can do the calibration of cameras and sensors but my size 265 tires might make it out of spec. They told me to bring in truck with full tank of gas, no heavy contents in bed, etc. so it would be "factory level". I also have a Leer shell so wonder if that is concern.

Anybody out there gone through this with larger tires and presumably raises the truck height a bit? Hard to believe the sensors don't allow some variation. He thought it had to be within around 5mm.
From the service information:

Set up the vehicle:
  • Aiming the multipurpose camera requires the HDS.
  • Do not put any objects on the instrument panel.
  • Remove the all cargo from the vehicle except the tool kit and the spare tire.
  • Make sure that there are no stains, dust or dirt on the lens of the multipurpose camera unit, and the windshield area where the camera is mounted.
  • Make sure that all doors are closed.
  • Make sure the suspension has not been modified.
  • Make sure all the tire sizes are correct and that their pressure is correct.
  • Make sure the fuel tank is full.
  • Make sure the steering wheel is pointed straight ahead, and do not turn it after setting the vehicle.
  • Shift the shift lever to P, and apply the parking brake.
The ride height must be between -35mm (-1.4") and +15mm (+0.6") of the stock value or aiming will fail.

If the vehicle has been modified, there are ways to cheat that will allow the aiming process to complete, but no one concerned with the liability will do that. Also, aiming the camera at different height than the vehicle will normally ride at can cause the system to not work properly or as well as intended.

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
From the service information:

The ride height must be between -35mm (-1.4") and +15mm (+0.6") of the stock value or aiming will fail.
So, would you use -35mm (-1.4") and +15mm (+0.6") of this value?

Automotive tire Automotive mirror Vehicle Font Automotive lighting

(I did find it interesting that the height of the 2021-2022 Ridgeline is given as 70.80 inchs)

Bill

·
Administrator
22,702 Posts
Specifically, you use the average of the two front wheel arch heights which is 814mm (32.04") for all models.

The 2017-2020 FWD Ridgeline's overall height is 70.2". The 2017-2022 AWD is 70.8".

1 - 8 of 8 Posts