Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brand new 2022 Ridgeline, just got in April of this year keeps getting an oily film on the inside of the windshield. The only other time I have seen this is when I had a problem with my 2001 Dodge Ram and it turned out to be the Heater Core was bad. Once replaced, no more film. I can't believe my brand new Honda has a heater core problem. I just took it into the dealer for first oil change and told them, and showed them pictures of the film on the windshield, they just gave me recommendations - like use a sun shield, park in the shade, etc. which I already do! Anyone else have this problem? Also, notice the really weird design on the glass. What is that???

Cloud Wood Water Automotive tire Sky
Azure Wood Road surface Rectangle Grey
Road surface Grey Water Wood Asphalt

So, while at the dealer's, after I told them about the windshield, they completely cleaned it. (Although I had tried that before with windshield cleaner, vinegar, alcohol, you name it) and the film still comes back.

So, they cleaned it on Monday and I took the following pictures on Wednesday! The film is building up again!

Plant Sky Vehicle Cloud Automotive side-view mirror
Sky Cloud Hood Plant Branch
Automotive side-view mirror Plant Window Mirror Automotive lighting

I ran my finger over it and it is definitely oily!

What can I do about this?

PS

Don't smoke, always run air on recycle, don't drive with windows down.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
My brand new 2022 Ridgeline, just got in April of this year keeps getting an oily film on the inside of the windshield. The only other time I have seen this is when I had a problem with my 2001 Dodge Ram and it turned out to be the Heater Core was bad. Once replaced, no more film. I can't believe my brand new Honda has a heater core problem. I just took it into the dealer for first oil change and told them, and showed them pictures of the film on the windshield, they just gave me recommendations - like use a sun shield, park in the shade, etc. which I already do! Anyone else have this problem?
View attachment 432256 View attachment 432258 View attachment 432257

So, while at the dealer's, after I told them about the windshield, they completely cleaned it. (Although I had tried that before with windshield cleaner, vinegar, alcohol, you name it) and the film still comes back.

So, they cleaned it on Monday and I took the following pictures on Wednesday! The film is building up again!

View attachment 432259 View attachment 432260 View attachment 432261

I ran my finger over it and it is definitely oily!

What can I do about this?

PS
Non-smoker, so not from that.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts