Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bought the glass coverage on my 2018 BE - (I had a company car allowance at the time). On my third windshield now and the policy has covered the replacement of the glass each time at a 3rd party site - but I have had to pay $200 each time to Honda to get the safety cameras re-calibrated

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am on my third windshield on my 2017 Black Edition, and I already have 6 dings and a crack. I installed the OEM low profile wind deflector about a year and a half ago, but obviously I am still getting hit by small rocks in city and suburban driving. In a discussion about this at my dealership, they indicated that other past Honda models like the Element had the same problem, if not worse. I am about to replace the windshield again. Is there a preferred deflector, perhaps the OEM high profile wind deflector or any sort of coating that anyone has used in order to prolong the life of the windshield and pebbles and gravel bits blowing over the cab?
I've been repairing windshields for 12 years. I started my business because I didn't want to pay an insurance deductible. I purchased a plastic windshield repair kit that was made by Pennzoil. It came with resin and all extras to perform a good repair. After having such good results I saw it as a business opportunity and purchased a professional kit. The key is repair it as soon as possible and apply light heat with a hair dryer if it's cold outside. If you have that kind of luck, you might want to invest in something like the kit I'm referring to. Good luck.
I am on my third windshield on my 2017 Black Edition, and I already have 6 dings and a crack. I installed the OEM low profile wind deflector about a year and a half ago, but obviously I am still getting hit by small rocks in city and suburban driving. In a discussion about this at my dealership, they indicated that other past Honda models like the Element had the same problem, if not worse. I am about to replace the windshield again. Is there a preferred deflector, perhaps the OEM high profile wind deflector or any sort of coating that anyone has used in order to prolong the life of the windshield and pebbles and gravel bits blowing over the cab?

·
Registered
133 Posts
The Element windshield issue was the vertical angle of the glass compared to the swept back glass.

This glass chips, cracks and blasted effect is not just a Honda thing........my RV with limited seasonal mileage has had 3 windshields in 6 years.

·
Registered
3 Posts
on my 2017, a rock hit my window - crack.
Replaced it, I kid you not, within a week another rock. Only a chip they put that glue in it, it never spread.
maybe a year later, another rock, big chip really low on the window and it spidered down, so I said screw it, it's really low and I was tired of replacing windshields.

I traded in my 17 for a 2020 with that crack, I'm 95% positive they didn't even notice it at the time. I'm hoping for less rocks in my future.

But what I can tell you, I stay the F away from any dump truck , hauling truck or any other truck that is carrying little missiles from hell. None of them secure those damn tarps well enough to keep crap from flying out. These windows break really easy.
Lol, yeah man. I hate those dump trucks. I notice the crap that fly out. One time I had to jump out the way of some big metal piece.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The Element windshield issue was the vertical angle of the glass compared to the swept back glass.

This glass chips, cracks and blasted effect is not just a Honda thing........my RV with limited seasonal mileage has had 3 windshields in 6 years.
Need some slick shit on our glass, so it will slid off.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts