Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
its pretty cold out, and when I started to use my windshield washer, it came out the driver side fine, but nothing out the passenger side. How do i take that box around the washer lines apart to see what's up? After all is said and done, should I just shut up and wait til it gets warm>

·
Registered
4,345 Posts
What part of the country are you from. If its like here it aint gonna get warm soon enough. Buy the fluid that says all climate or has a low temp rating. The regular stuff now a days is watered down and you'll get that freeze up. A few years ago I had the same problem till I switched over. Till then if it was froze up I used my air compressor and blew it backwards. Or try a hair dryer for a few minutes on the lines to make sure it isn't anything else. Don't jump to a conclusion that's it a pump. Use it up and get some better stuff.

·
Registered
302 Posts
If you open up the hood you should see where the lines attach right by the windshield. I'd pull the tube off the back of the offending connector first and make sure that fluid comes out of it when unconnected. It's not uncommon for wax to build up on the actual "spout" and clog it up...this area is also the one more exposed to the elements and likely to clog from grime.

The last time I had something like this happen, I took a bread tie and stripped the paper off the end of it, then ran that thin wire through the spout.... in my case that did the job.

For you, it's just a matter of isolating the issue from the fluid pump on up to the spout. Since you have one that works already then I'd start my search from where those two lines "T" into the lines that run to the individual spouts.

Good Luck

·
Registered
601 Posts
I had the same problem (Both froze) with what was put in my RL washer fluid tank before I received it from the dealer.Don't know if its filled at the factory or dealer. But it froze the first real cold day.I had to siphon it out and put -45 rated washer fluid.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts