Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know this is a question that is probably answered by reading the manual (but who really reads that anyway) and I didnt find anything on a search for the topic. How are supposed to change the wipers when they dont fully extend. The wipers hit the top of hood when they are in the closed position and cannot be extended. Any help?

Sorry, I meant to put this in the exterior thread.

·
Registered
112 Posts
neko4487 said:
...but who really reads that anyway.
Hmmm . . . I read it cover to cover the night I drove my Ridge home. I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing any of the great features this truck offers. Some like discovering things by trial and error. I'm just too impatient. :)

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Becareful when removing the blade from the wiper arm. I've seen a cracked windshield from letting it go and smaking the glass to hard.:eek: And whatever you do don't turn the IGN back on until the blades are back on and snapped in correctly! I've seen scratched windshields too.:D ......

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
Good tips, OddJob. It's usually a do it yourself-er job, but I think we'll continue to get our replacements at Honda and let the service department provide the service. We're lucky to live a couple of miles from where we bought our truck.

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
Yes Oddjob! great information. I've witnessed these same things as well.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the information everbody. I tried the hood latch recommended by the first poster, but that only allows access to driver side wiper. I guess turning the ignition off when vertical is the only way to do both at one time. Again, thanks!

·
Registered
201 Posts
neko4487 said:
I guess turning the ignition off when vertical is the only way to do both at one time. Again, thanks!
Works everytime, and it's about the easiest method.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Lingered_I said:
Turn the ignition off when the wipers are vertical...
I came to this solution when washing; I like to pull the wiper arms up away from the glass where they will stay while I get the windshield nice and clean all the way to the edge.

I also have always stood up the arms when expecting snow/ice overnight, or while parked all day at the ski hill. That way the blades aren't frozen in place and they're out of the way for scraping. Of course, the 'key off' solution won't work in this case... now what do I do?

Did they really have to let the hood interfere with this?:(

·
Premium Member
1,825 Posts
farmguy said:
I also have always stood up the arms when expecting snow/ice overnight, or while parked all day at the ski hill. That way the blades aren't frozen in place and they're out of the way for scraping. Of course, the 'key off' solution won't work in this case... now what do I do?
The area where the wipers rest is heated by a thermostatically controlled electric element. I haven't really had a chance to see how effective it is but I'm hopeful that it is worth the additional expense that's added to the cost of the windshield.

·
Registered
333 Posts
ridged said:
The area where the wipers rest is heated by a thermostatically controlled electric element. I haven't really had a chance to see how effective it is but I'm hopeful that it is worth the additional expense that's added to the cost of the windshield.
Ya, we'll see....

I just like to be able to access the bottom edge of the glass with the blades out of the way!:(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts